Classic Bike Display 2010 - Edited with Full Details

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
This year's event will be held on April 18th in Shelf between Halifax and Bradford. The 'special theme' will be Italian Bikes but this will not mean that anything else won't be welcome! There is also a short ride around midday but it's not compulsory - and it depends on the weather too!

More details will be posted nearer the day but this notification will help you plan a bit more long term. The show is growing every year so let's see some Retrobike Beauties there this year!

If you have any retro jerseys and memorabilia these can be displayed (and worn!) as well.

Here's a piccy from '09 showing a small selection of the display.

Attachments

• ClassicShow09.11.A.jpg
    ClassicShow09.11.A.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,707
  • 2010ClassicDisplay.A.jpg
    2010ClassicDisplay.A.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,607
looks interesting. is it a concours type show, or are clunkers displayed too? Is it full of quality bikes, or are there everyday bikes also? what about kids bikes? I'd love to reminisce in a sea of 60/70's kids bikes. Any trade stands/bike jumble there? Trying to get a feel for the event.
questions, questions, questions

It's basically a classic racing bike display only, not necessarily concours but clean and tidy at least! Some bikes are fully restored and probably hardly ever see a bit of tarmac but lots are loved and ridden regularily.

bike show

hi old ned
most definiteley i'll be there
this will be my 1st ever outing,but looking forward to it
probably 2 italian bikes from myself and another from my good friend.
a long drive from north wales,but i'm sure well worth the effort
will there be a jumble!!!
regards cipo (malc)

No 'official' jumble but there is always an auction of parts donated by visitors with the proceeds going to the Dave Rayner Fund. In practice the better stuff tends to get sold before the auction if someone gives a good offer. The auction prices tend not to be to high though.

A couple of more shots from last year.

Attachments

• ClassicShow09.4.A.jpg
    ClassicShow09.4.A.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,661
  • ClassicShow09.9.A.jpg
    ClassicShow09.9.A.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,661
Nice ...but a bit remote for me

In Holland we have a sort like event the 21st of March

4228322590_c24b2b567f.jpg

Only a month to go now, I've earmarked the bikes I'm taking.

As well as the Italian theme, there's also a 'mini-theme' on Bradford built bikes so if you have one, bring it along. I don't have an Italian but I have 2 of these.

Back