Agree that the Pinarello looks strong for Mirage and a non special frame.
So is this bike a no no full stop? For the right price could be a good starter?
My keeness for this is the fact that its from a shop and they will set you up on it?
The following worries me:
- they say they are a bike shop and that the frame is a 54cm (which looks about right).
- they go on to say that it will fit someone of 5'10" to 6'2". I'm the latter and there is no way on God's clean earth that a non compact 54 would be even close to fitting me.
- so not sure that they would fit you correctly.
- BIN is £495 with free delivery but the ad says you can have it for £475 with free delivery. Which is it?
- it's at least £200 overpriced (my non exact opinion of course)
I reckon your best bet would be to go to a shop and ride a few bikes - Boardmans get very good reviews indeed so why not try out one of those? Decide on the size that feels most comfortable (and stem length will only make a small difference so you'll get a reasonable view with the stock one) and confirm the top tube length (actual if parallel to floor top tube, virtual if compact). Then set us the task of finding you one - we'll get you a retro one yet