First off hello, new to the forum. Years ago I used to ride trials, still own a website about it if anyone recognises the name - hello!
I'm cross posting this as you'll probably be more interested here
Anyway, I got this monstrosity off ebay for £20. I have no idea what it is (the auction said 'brookes racing bike', but I don't think brooks (no 'e') make bikes - only saddles?) - in fact I have no idea about road bikes, or bikes before the days of a-head headsets, so its a bit of a learning curve for me
Currently stripping it down, which is a complete arse.. its got some white primer on it which nitromors doesn't touch. It looks like someones tried to strip it before.. so theres patches of this white primer that I'm wet and drying off of it... must have spent a total of around 10hrs on it so far.
New things for it:
* cranks (the extracting thread is ruined on the drive side crank, so not putting that back on)
* inner/outer cables (white)
* headset (the old one is rusty and beyond de-rusting)
* downtube shifters - chrome ones instead of black plastic
* paint - very dark pearl blue methinks.
Everything else I'm keeping as it was.
Some (massive) pics (in reverse order..):
If there is any interest I'll keep you updated. I've got as far as ordering all the bits and spraying the forks... but will post another time as its way past bed time now.