Retro & Re-issued Parts Thread

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
This is a list of currently available parts suitable for a retro build. Either becasue they still remain (relatively) unchanged in production since back in the day, becasue they have been re-issued or becasue someone has a huge stash of NOS ones!

Following on from a similar thread on the mtb section > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=591443 thought I'd setup similar here to see if there is interest. Here is what I have so far. If you'd like to add to the list please post item and a link to a store with it in stock.

Bottom Brackets
Shimano UN54 - bring back to good one though Shimano :( (Wiggle UK)

Brake Blocks
Shimano Ultegra Brake Pads (Wiggle UK)

Cassettes
Shimano HG70 8 speed (Wiggle UK)

Chains
Shimano IG70 8 speed (Wiggle UK)

Grips
Cinelli Cork Ribbon (Wiggle UK)

Headsets
Chris King (Aspire VeloTech via eBay)

Saddles
Brooks B17 (Wiggle UK)
Complete Brooks range (Wiggle UK)
Selle Italia Turbo (Wiggle UK)
Selle San Marco Concor (Wiggle UK)
Selle San Marco Rolls (Wiggle UK)
Selle San Marco Rolls (Wiggle UK)

Shimano Spares
Spares listing (Petra Cycles UK). Also available through UK importer Madison via your LBS.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Shimano BB's available from lots of places.

I've used Chain Reaction Cycles, next day free delivery and a good price.

Lemond Fan":fpdrifez said:
Cheers for this John, never knew Cinelli cork was discontinued best get what I need now :)

Errr, this is where the interent can be problematic. I've no idea whether you're taking the p*ss or not ;) Anyhow it is perhaps a bit obvious for the list (but why not be thorough, right) but cinelli cork tape is still in production virtually unchanged since 1987. Happy days all round!

Indeed not a p take at all a genuine answer, might have helped if I'd read the message properly doh!!.

However I know many bike shops do not stock the item which is why I am have several splash colours in a drawer yellow / black, grey / black + World Champion should I change my mind at a later date. I am also getting Red /Black and Black / White on my new build as I cannot make up my mind so buying both means I cant go wrong.

Stocking certain parts seams to be the way forward you only have to look at Cinelli Bars & Stems and Campagnolo Hubs to see that prices sometimes go silly

Back