Big pic Peugeot thread

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Since joining RetroBIKE I've become a big fan of Peugeot so I'd like to big up this site:

http://cyclespeugeot.com/index.html

Its been mentioned before but theres some new scans that have left me salavating at some late 80's retro action.

Enjoy!

scan0010.jpg

scan0008.jpg

scan0009.jpg

scan0007.jpg

scan0034.jpg

See the mavic rear hub with the individualy screwed on sprockets.
Did that hub act like a feehub with the axle supported right out at the end or like a clasic freewheel with the axle supported close to the hub flanges.
I've never seen anything like it, most interesting, seems different to the Mailard helicomatic.

Always liked Peugeot racers, good alternative to Raleighs.

It's funny, I used to have one of these as a kid growing up. I hand sprayed it black and put on a pair of super long cowhorns on it and spent every summer holiday jumping off ramps in the school playground. Weird that so many years later I am now lusting after one and would be horrified if it even got wet!

How times change

thanks for the scan , just realised I have a Aravis , rusting away in the garage .

Comete Sprint

My mate from school still has one of these in his loft.It is mint,and most importantly,not cracked,like the three that other school friends had.They all broke at the top of the seat stays,where the bolts were.Cool bikes,a lot of these round here,as one of the shops in town was a big Peugeot dealer at one point.

I've got 5 of them that might be of interest to you :
- a 50's randonneuse,
- a 1980 PKN10 roadracer (531 3 main tubes),
- a 1978 PL8 cyclotourist,
- a 70's porteur,
- a 70' Helium mixte (lower lower range).

You'll see them browsing my Road bikes gallery

Cheers
Karl

Back