Klein Quantum Pro 97 w/chris king+zipp440

bwhsh8r

Retro Guru
Well here it finally is.... I beat dancingjack to riding but he beat me to actually putting up pictures.... and his is at least a little bit more pretty to say the least ;) (what can i say, i love his quantum!)

but here is my go at it....

Well, I finally got around to taking some pictures (but I promise I beat dancingjack to finishing the bike ;) )

so without further procrastination....

1996 mfg / 1997 model 55cm Klein Quantum Pro in Pearl Yellow w/
Mc2 stem & Aeros fork
Fsa SL-K Cranks (53/39)
Fsa MegaQuad Titanium Bottom bracket w/ titanium bolts
Dura Ace Fd-7800
Dura Ace St-7801 + Hudz (need some yellow ones now...)
Dura Ace Cs-7800 (12-23)
XTR Shadow RD-M972GS (Mid Cage)
Yaban SL 101-Ti 10 Speed chain
Ultegra BR-6600 (hey it was only a 15g penalty over DA)
Titanium Seatpost (300mm)
Eggbeater Ti Pedals
Hope Seatpost Clamp
Some Waterbottle Cage (Forget what brand... does it matter? holds bottles just fine....)
Selle Italia Flite Yellow / Black split *THANKS TO ARCHANGEL*
Bontrager Race 42cm Ergo Bars. (Slated to switch with the hudz)
Lezyne Carbon Road Drive LG
Titanium Bolts for everything except brakes (getting around to that...)

OO wheelset right....

Campy OMEGA Strada Hardox XL rims laced to Dura Ace 8speed hubs

17 pounds or 7.7kg for all you metric using people. (ISH because I took my total weight on a bathroom scale, then stepped off reset, picked up the bike got back on and subtracted my weight from the total. also weighed it by itsself on the same bathroom scale and it kept saying around 17)

definately like it.... now here is what you all really are wanting after the break.....

p.s. Avocet 45tt Still loooking for a cadence adaptor if anyone has one laying around.... wtf every happened tothem, its all the computer i ever want.... although the quality control definately went down since the 80s/early 90s.... my dads runs great, my later model(s) have thrown me trouble.

enjoy

I will post more / better pictures soon I promise. I just gotta take it out for a ride with the camera first.

Dude, now it's time to whack the sh*t out of that bike. I had my first ride and came back all sore! It's like hoping into a Ferrari and it refuses to go slow!!!

dancingjack":igd0h9xc said:
Dude, now it's time to whack the sh*t out of that bike. I had my first ride and came back all sore! It's like hoping into a Ferrari and it refuses to go slow!!!

yes, that sums it up. They remind me of my dads new porsche with PDK dual clutch, they just go and dont want to slow, not even for a second. they handle like nothing ive ever experienced as well. Im proud and happy to have this as my main steed. I am also happy that for now it fits me perfectly. Im going to take it out on a ride right now actually. The wind is very bad because another winter storm is rolling in but I should be able to make it home before then. I got a mtb ride in yesterday and got muddy, but it was fun. I needed more on my feet though. only problem and im set in -5 celsius weather. its a beautiful 10.5 Celsius right now :D (the rest of the weather sucks but at least its warm

& thanks errol, glad you like it :)

nevermind about the bikeride.... it started hailing. :'(

Re: Klein Quantum Pro 96/97 With Pics

Got some new Zipp 440 wheels to compliment the dura ace 7701. They're laced to Chris King, and as much as I said I wouldn't go back to tubular... I have..... Also stuck some EC90 bars on :)

Latest posts

Back