Colnago's Latest Retro Offering

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
Looks like Colnago have entered the realm of 'Retro Fixies' with this little beauty in the new 2010 catalogue. No idea of the anticipated price but probably enough to make a nice hole in your bank balance!

They're also still producing the 'Master' steel road frameset.

Attachments

• ColnagoRetro2010.jpg
    ColnagoRetro2010.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,421
Saw one in the LBS last week

Surprisingly inexpensive- about 800 quid-ish equivalent.

I'd rather convert one of my Masters if it came to it :)

Andy

Still a lot of money for a simple bike - although it is a Colnago.

Not sure about the Sugino Messenger chainset. The logo looks like a dirty grease smear from a distance.

Amazing how long it took the italians to play catch up to this trend. Just in time for it to be on the verge of it being so mainstream it's not cool anymore.

Pinarello launched a very similar alloy framed bike too.

800 quid is a lot for a bike with virtually no components. Although admittedly, when you buy a Colnago roadbike you're not really paying for components either, you're paying for the name on the downtube. I'm amused by the brake levers they've chosen to equip the bike with. Seems to suit the needs of the target market: the hipster who never rides low in the drops anyway.

They really know how to tax you for their frames, since apart from that there's nothing to differentiate it from a Charge Plug.

It's a fix gear, SO WHY DO THEY FIT IT WITH A BACK BRAKE?!? ARGH IT MAKES ME ANGRY!

And relax. It's ok, I'm fine now.

They fitted the back brake because they only looked at the competition and not what people actually ride.

Competition being Specialized and Giant - not some one-off concoction brewed up out of left-overs by geeks like us or worse, messengers on crappy wages.

Looking at this, the Paul Smith Mercian is a far better option for the financially unchallenged.

Back