newbie hello + rim wanted +general blitherings

nitram

Retro Newbie
Hi,

New to forum so hello everyone :D

Never heard of this site till a nice chap at pace mentioned it yesterday when i was looking for new elastomers for my rc35's. Anyhow, probably be on here a fair bit now!!

As for bikes ive a mid 90's pace mtb with Rc35xc forks, a mike mullett 531P track bike with mostly campag record/super record, a dawes galaxy tourer of my granddads, an old 1950's track frame hanging in the shed and an ancient tandem mostly in bits.
All my bikes have been ridden hard for many years and none are what you call mint ;)

Anyhow, its a long shot, but im looking for a rim for my track bike its a 'Campag Omega Strada Hardox Profil V Aero Grey' in 32 Hole, to be rebuilt onto my large flange campag record track hubs - the front rim has burst where the braking surface has worn.
Also does anyone know who could replace the down tube on a 531Pro Mike Mullet track frame? Its a real shame cos ive had the bike about 12 years, but some idiot at my work dented it a good few years back so the crank touches the chainstay when you sprint. Im up in NW scotland, so somewhere above Glasgow would be nice, but im prepared to post it further if need be, seems a shame to consign the frame to the bin...

Well gotta dash, hi again to you all
:D

cheers

Martin

Welcome to the forum....someone at Pace you say, that's pretty cool :cool:

nitram":11k8i98u said:
All my bikes have been ridden hard for many years and none are what you call mint ;)

Glad to hear it :D

cheers for the replys, ill get onto the campag guy, would be nice to get the same rims again if i can.

Gotta admit, the people at pace had the best customer service ive ever exprienced, rang at 2-30 in the afternoon on friday expecting to get nowhere and within 5 minutes theyd got new elastomers, alloy fork braces and bolts plus free end caps for the forks sorted for me. They arrived next day which is never happens, so i was pretty damn chuffed... :D

anyhow, just off out for a quick spin before work, catch up later.

cheers

martin :)

Back