Raleigh pantographed parts (stem, seatpost, shifters)?

garethrl

Senior Retro Guru
Did Raleigh ever go in for pantographed parts, or was that a continental - and mainly Italian - thing? I'm slowly getting around to building a Team Replica in TI colours and thought it might be cool to finish of with nice panto parts. Nothing really OTT - stem, seatpost, DT gear levers, toeclips ...

I'm sure I've seen cheaper parts with the Raleigh name stamped on, but never picked out with paint afterwards.

Cheers, Gareth.

Seem to recall this cropping up on the TI Raleigh yahoo group (or elsewhere, I forget?). Basically no. A lot of the panto stuff was aftermarket anyhow, it has been alleged a lot of the panto stuff knocking about currently are modern reproductions, i.e. older parts recently panto'd.

Be interesting to see your Raleigh build progress. What frame do you have? Got an ilkeston build 753 waiting for me to do something with.

Thanks for the clarification, John. I'll give it a skip then, I'll try to keep the rebuild authentic - plus it takes away another reason to procrastinate.

I agree, yes it would be interesting to see my Raleigh build progress ... :roll: :oops:

I bought the Ilkeston 753 frame from the Dutch seller that was discussed here a while ago, and have almost all the parts to go on. I'll hopefully be reunited with the wheels at the end of the month and that _should_ be my last stumbling block ... though I'm sure I'll find another!

Seriously though, I'd like to touch up some of the 'TI Red' first, so will start a thread about that.

Cheers, Gareth.

John":27f7ajhd said:
Seem to recall this cropping up on the TI Raleigh yahoo group (or elsewhere, I forget?). Basically no. A lot of the panto stuff was aftermarket anyhow, it has been alleged a lot of the panto stuff knocking about currently are modern reproductions, i.e. older parts recently panto'd.

Be interesting to see your Raleigh build progress. What frame do you have? Got an ilkeston build 753 waiting for me to do something with.

Back