Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Guess many won't consider this worthy for discussion on retrobike. In road terms this is certainly a modern gruppo, heck I was running it on my good road iron until the start of 08.

Still it deserves a good home. Currenly on my Pin > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67063 . Which is quite possibly a sin against the retro Gods. Japanese kit on an Italian frame maybe ok for the pros but for a rank amateur like me :LOL:

Anyhow the Pin is going to get sprayed at some point and I'll have to complete that Campagnolo (see how careful i wa there ;) ) groupset.

Which brings me to the point of this post. What to do with the Dura Ace. At one point I had a very nice Steelman (link >http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48506) which was sadly too small. Was thinking along the lines of a late 90s tigged stell frame. Serotta, Raleigh 853 or similar. Then I already have 5 other steel road bikes/frames. So maybe something else, probably not euro. A Trek OCLV in USPS colours would be iconic and certainly divide opinion. That said I had a very early OCLV which was sold quite quickly, one 45 mph 'speed wobble' can be forgiven, two can't. A Trek/Klein Quantum Pro might also be interesting (and it would have to be a Pro).

So what do you reckon. any other suggestions?

I think it needs to go on something like this:

bike.jpg

You could fit some nice 8 spd Campagnolo to your Pinarello :)

trek or quantum pro for sure... i like my quantum pro alot... id go with which ever frame appeals to you most really.

I'm afraid my vote didn't settle anything - each option is at 33% w/ the 3 votes. I still maintain that the Klein Quantum Pro is the way to go and if I'm not mistaken, there's a NOS Quantum Pro 1999-2000ish for sale around here somewhere for 450euros or something like that. Looking forward to seeing the result whichever way you go.

Tel":2vqlfur1 said:
Sell it and some of your frames. You have far too much stuff!

:LOL: I'm not even at the game when it comes to being a serious collector. No need to sell anything for the time being fortunately!

bwhsh8r":2vqlfur1 said:
trek or quantum pro for sure... i like my quantum pro alot... id go with which ever frame appeals to you most really.

SF Klein":2vqlfur1 said:
I'm afraid my vote didn't settle anything - each option is at 33% w/ the 3 votes. I still maintain that the Klein Quantum Pro is the way to go and if I'm not mistaken, there's a NOS Quantum Pro 1999-2000ish for sale around here somewhere for 450euros or something like that. Looking forward to seeing the result whichever way you go.

I think seeing all the Kleins appearing has sucked me in! Sadly the one in the classifieds is too small otherwise would've given it some serious thought.

Latest posts

Back