Campag or Campy?

So, go on then...what should Campagnolo be shortened to?

• Campag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Campy

• I don't care as long as it's not ShimaNO!

• I prefer my groupset from a fishing tackle manufacturer

• Total voters
If anything, it should be Campag. As someone who punctuates his text messages, I'm not sure I would want to shorten it.

Campy sounds, well, a little camp for the likes of the Cannibal or Badger to be using.

Iwasgoodonce":3rw007r3 said:
If anything, it should be Campag. As someone who punctuates his text messages, I'm not sure I would want to shorten it.

Campy sounds, well, a little camp for the likes of the Cannibal or Badger to be using.

Agree. campy is soft & girlie sounding

Whatever its called I'm not sure I'm into it at the moment. Ergo shifters that just...aren't and expensive components that corrode and rust. If I was buying a new roadbike, even an exotic Italian, I would want the new Dura Ace.

There, I've said it.

Iwasgoodonce":16ea3f77 said:
Whatever its called I'm not sure I'm into it at the moment. Ergo shifters that just...aren't and expensive components that corrode and rust. If I was buying a new roadbike, even an exotic Italian, I would want the new Dura Ace.

There, I've said it.

I agree. I really like the new Dura Ace to :cool:

One of my pet hates - it's ******* Campag or Campagnolo and that's it (Campa if you must but that sounds well dodgy - it is never, ever Campy :evil: ).

I'm not usually groupset/manufacturer facist but if you have an Italian road bike then you HAVE to have Campag. No excuses, no exceptions. Can't or won't do that? Buy something else, there are loads of great frames out there.

Ok, prejudices laid bare, I'm off to buff some Nuovo Record (that may or may not be a euphemism).

"Cam*y" has got to be the most loathsome word in cycling, followed closely by "fixie" and "fixed gear" to mean fixed wheel.

I prefer the full "Campagnolo" now, but "Campag" and Campa" are fine as the shortened form.

Back