Can anyone identify this frame?

schub

Dirt Disciple
Picked up for a fixed wheel project

Found in Scotland. English BB. Stonglight cranks and eclipse saddle look original.

Serial number on dropout BR5067

63 Stamped on bottom of BB shell

No headbadge but only two rivet holes tells me its not a Raleigh.

Any help greatly appreciated

John[/img]

Attachments

• frame.JPG
    frame.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 921
more pics here

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

Those lugs, that rear brake set up and the over BB cable routing suggest an early 70's Carlton. Maybe a Corsa Strada or something like that....??

Thanks folks

You are right it does look a bit like a Carlton - lugs are quite similar to a Carlton Ten.

but I don't think Carlton - the serial number is the wrong format and the headbadge is fixed top and bottom - not at the sides like the Carlton.

I'm glad I picked it up though - I've pinched the handlebars and stem for a Nishiki.

cheers

J

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Was gonna say Dawes honest!

Though I was going by the one I had in the early seventies, so the 50's date threw me.
Still think it's later than 50s like that ad.

I've emailed Dawes with the serial number - hopefully they can provide some more information.

My wife complains that I never throw anything away - I found this at the back of the garage

How do you get the badge off?

Attachments

• headbadge.JPG
    headbadge.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 816
Back