Saronni Colnago 82

Reub

Dirt Disciple
Hi folks, i have this beautiful 1982 Saronni Colnago which spends most of its life in the attic at home because its too nice to lock up anywhere or get wet. I have been deliberating for ages as to whether I should sell it, or hang on to it just coz its so special. It's pictured with MA2/Miche clincher wheelset, but it also has the original Campag record/mavic tubs wheels. There is some pitting on the front fork which needs rechroming really, but other than that and a few tiny paint chips, its almost perfect. Keep/preserve/rarely ride it, sell/miss it, or keep/upgrade running gear/ride a lot??? hmmm....

(Apologies for the carbon post/modern saddle - just trying them out on the day. The original Cinelli leather saddle is a brick!)

3553343847_624cf99153_b.jpg

3553343043_c84c8f4c7a_b.jpg

Ride it! Ride it! Ride it!

I can't personally see the point of keeping these things just to look at. It's like classic cars that get shown and never driven. It takes away their whole purpose.

Beautiful, probably my favourite Colnago frame on looks alone.

Definitely ride it on special occassions in the dry - the perfect cafe racer!

Oh yeah. That's what I like to see!

Shiny Saronni Red Colnago Mexico. Still the most desirable colour ever made by Colnago.

Ride it. You can still look at it whilst riding it. Don't hide it away in an attic. One of my Colnagos doesn't get ridden, but I have decided to put it on display at a local bike shop, rather than leaving it cluttering my house. That way everyone gets to enjoy it...

Small technical note. Pedals are also later than '82. Look like possibly Victory.

Cheers guys, i'd regret it if i sold it, i know. Indeed... it should be ridden and enjoyed (if it ever stops raining!). Interesting to know that about the pedals Toff, i bought the bike second hand so not entirely sure what was original/added later. Tub wheels/gears/frame/stem/bars/brakes (except the Modolo Hoods i added) are original i think. Also 1982 is a guess going on pics of other 82 bikes, could be an 83 perhaps. Also came with a white/red fluted Dura Ace seatpost... would Japanese finishing kit have been originally sold on a Colnago? I'm guessing not.

Pedals look very similar to this found on Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15379005@N00/3559854322/

Depends on size.

If it's around 29cm you should certainly sell it. probably to me.

If not keep it and ride it. What a beauty!

Toff":88a2y9cb said:
Shiny Saronni Red Colnago Mexico. Still the most desirable colour ever made by Colnago.
is it a mexico? Looks like the super. My mate's mexico had dimpled (grooved) tubes and looked half way between super and master. but that was a bit later - 1985/6 ish.

Back