Any love for Guerciotti here?

richardf

Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Love and desire

Lots of love and lots of desire ;)
Its my size too, but the price with shipping, customs etc is not doable. Shame really, but thank you for showing me what would be perfect but I cant have :cry:

Jamie
only kidding

There are some odd things going on with that frame, like painted headset cup and cracky section on top lower headlug.

I had a Guerciotti, but it was actually an Alan. I do have an Alan now, so with another set of decals I can have a Guerciotti again.

that head tube is fooked - you can see where movement has cused the paint ti fall off

Picture029.jpg

Ger

I have seen a couple of these around since I came to Britain and thought I would post this morning as I just passed one of the local guys near JOG heading out on one. Strange coincidence.
I agree the one in the ad looks well used with a few problems going on. The paint job is definately an American type respray as it looks the same style as a cruiser or an early breezer type pattern. Most of these I have seen, older ones anyway, have a really nice paint style similar to a Tommasini, they generally look quite classy.
I am sure there have been a couple on this site. You can still buy them new but like most, they are fairly bland looking now and pretty uninspiring. Mainly come in aluminium and carbon from memory.

Jamie

I have a beauty that is yet to be built up, I will post pics asap as I am hoping to get it up and running before end of August, PM me to remind me and to cajole me into getting it finished, just need some Campagnolo brake levers to finish.

This is my 1984 7400 SL, purchased from the original owner in 1997 for $300 US. He bought it new in '85 for $900 US.

Campagnolo Chorus group.
Cinelli stem.
Campagnolo seatpost.
Record headseat.

STOCK PARTS CHANGED

Cinelli drop bars replace with straight alloy bars.
Campy road brake levers also swapped (the gumhoods were rotten and tossed).
Strap-type Campy platform pedals exchanged for SPD compatible units (one steel toe clip is missing).

-->All these removed parts are stored safely away for a future full restore if I desire to do so with it..

The original front wheel was "taco'd" by the first owner, who replaced both with a new Campagnola set featuring Record hubs and black Mavic MA40 rims. The original Chorus wheels are long-gone.

NEW PAINT JOB

The paint was badly scratched and chipped (Guerciotti's seem to have very brittle paint), so I sanded most off and repainted it gloss orange. I left some of the original pearl-orange paint and "Guerciotti"decals on the head tube, seat tube and down tube, framing them with black, red and white reflector safety tape for a nicer look AND better visibility at night.

29guerroadie001.jpg

29guerroadie002.jpg

29guerroadie003.jpg

29guerroadie004.jpg

This is my main ride in the Summer months, and I get compliments on it from strangers on the street. I've been asked many times, but I'll never sell my "Italian Stallion".

;)

lovely

Ratava99 thats a beautiful machine you have :cool:
I think some hooligans have tampered with it and unrolled/straightened your bars ;)
Love it!
Jamie

Back