Campagnolo Rear Mech ID?

Tallpaul

Gold Trader
Could some kind soul tell me the model and age of this mech? As I know nothing about Campagnolo road stuff, could you equate it to a Shimano equivalent as well? :)

(Sincere apologies if it's about 2 years old and low-spec)

!BWs4OVg!2k~$(KGrHgoH-C0EjlLlzVpnBKYv8Lf,5g~~_1.JPG

Tallpaul":3r9ksqbq said:
So it's actually an MTB mech? That would be a bonus.

Any reason for it not to work with Shimano indexing?

It could be a long cage road mech - touring, I tried what was (now a very valuable) Croce D'Aune rear mech on the zaskar many moons ago and it just would not index right.

No reason for it not to work with friction shifting

It is definately Olympus (MTB) c'91. -The same as Centaur, but with the black body and steel cage. -It should have 'Campagnolo' engraved on the cage..?

This sold for about £45 in '91, so was dearer than XT, but didn't work as well as the big Ss' back then, so it's hard to compare. It was MUCH sturdier though (and heavier).

Oh and it was used with Campags 8sp cassette, so usual compatability/bodge issues apply when used with Shimano..

Cheers for the info, nice that it's MTB. Shame it won't work with Shimano indexing tho'. It would have made an interesting alternative on one of my builds.

It can be used, -there are several ways of making it work. I think there's been a couple of threads about it. Others will know better than me though, for sure.

Back