Have I spoilt the Look

lilolee

Old School Hero
Look.jpg

I managed to put this together with bits it came with and others from the shed. In other words a bit of a mix. I haven't connected the gearing up yet.

I am opening myself up to criticism and I would like you experienced folks to tell me what is wrong with it, and what I should do :shock:

It looks pretty good to me think yo may want to just replace that ahead stem with a quill though.

Answering my own question.

My first thoughts are the bars are wrong. They are as thick as the frame. BTW I do like an upright position. Also they are 9 speed but the rear cog is an 8 speed DuraAce so not sure they would be compatible anyway.
The chainset is Campag so that needs to change.

Tel":109dviov said:
It looks pretty good to me think yo may want to just replace that ahead stem with a quill though.

Yes I think the ahead looks too chunky. The only thing is I am lazy, so is the there a quill which can take the bars without having to unwrap the tape etc?

look fine to me, other than the bars seem to be pointing in the opposite direction to the forks.

Looks like a commuter setup

FluffyChicken":39gfs0gz said:
look fine to me, other than the bars seem to be pointing in the opposite direction to the forks.

Looks like a commuter setup

:oops: Now tightened and straight. Not a commuter setup, I have a folding bike for that, just that I like to be a bit comfier than stretched out these days (50 and not as fit as I used to be)

lilolee":3kbvhma3 said:
Yes I think the ahead looks too chunky. The only thing is I am lazy, so is there a quill which can take the bars without having to unwrap the tape etc?

Yeah but you have to look about for it. On my commuter I have a profile mtb'ish stem with said bolts and I think I have an ITM Big One quill stem somewhere with the same bolt set up.

Latest posts

Back