Tour De France winners bikes

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Was searching around for some decent pics of tour winning bikes. And found very view. if you have any post 'em up here.

Can't see the bike too well but here's a good one of lemond anyhow

image20.jpg

Columbus 'GL' tubed frame + Scott Drop Ins + Deltas + shoes with laces + shiny bar ribbon + downtube shifters = classic

ededwards":2qgxa1s7 said:
Columbus 'GL' tubed frame + Scott Drop Ins + Deltas + shoes with laces + shiny bar ribbon + downtube shifters = classic

Agreed. Lemond's impact is somewhat forgotten these days.

Anyhow here's a btter pic of (apparently) the same bike.

lemondTVT90TdFrs.JPG

Found here

nie bikes .

a friend of mine has one of those TVT . he bought it from the team Z at the end of the season . he had to have one of the less known rider bike because of his size . Before they sent him the bike , it was sent back to the factory to be re glued and checked over . i think he got a certificate to prove it .

my neighbour has a Liberia , with full mavic equipment bike from the RMO team ( Charly Mottet ) .

it was quite normal for all teams to sell the bikes at end of the season . not sure if it is still the case .

cchris2lou":2xwvmkqu said:
a friend of mine has one of those TVT . he bought it from the team Z at the end of the season . he had to have one of the less known rider bike because of his size . Before they sent him the bike , it was sent back to the factory to be re glued and checked over . i think he got a certificate to prove it .

my neighbour has a Liberia , with full mavic equipment bike from the RMO team ( Charly Mottet ) .

it was quite normal for all teams to sell the bikes at end of the season . not sure if it is still the case .

Sounds cool....pics :D

Be interesting to know if the big continental pro teams do still have big sell offs. Have seen in the past a couple fo smaller UK teams selling bikes.

i ll try to get pics next time i am in france .

a former rider agent used to be a local , hence the opportunity to buy those bikes . once watched a tdf stage in the RMO team bus .

it was pretty cool as a 14 year old .

Oops, that's the TVT carbon tubed one he is riding not the steel Columbus 'GL' :oops:

I really must pay more attention.

Back