Raliegh Sirocco number two!

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
'prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp!' Sirocco - wind from the south that puts the willies up the Europeans in the summer.

Or - a nice pleasent Reynolds 501 Butted road bike with some VERY nice hard-to-find Shimano Arabesque bits.

Bike looks rougher than Peter Andre but is quite sound with no rust. Lots of lichen though...

Wheels are 8spd Ultegra which I found a couple of weeks ago. ;)

Attachments

• Raleigh Sirroco.jpg
    Raleigh Sirroco.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 5,886
  • Shimano Arabesque.jpg
    Shimano Arabesque.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 5,886
  • Arabesque levers.jpg
    Arabesque levers.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 5,886
Arabesque-thats what it's called then. I just called it 'bow & arrow design'.
I like the style, but don't normally bother with gears. I'll try & hold onto the set off my Carlton then, maybe use it one day. Where does it fit in the groupset hierachy?
Sirroco looks nice: 501 can be a pretty good frame (surprised by that Carlton I mentioned: got chrome Gipemme ends etc. & cleans up nice).

ednwireland":1m75sh4y said:
shimano arabesque, i always thought that was shimano 600ex have a set of calipers lying around somewhere

Thats what I thought but this falls into that catagory.

The derailleurs are marked 'A105'

The 105 Golden Arrow group is a really nice group. I recently found some NOS brake levers to complete my Raleigh Corsa. I didn't know they were becoming rare; I just sold the bike..... :?

Senri":5k5vruqo said:
The 105 Golden Arrow group is a really nice group. I recently found some NOS brake levers to complete my Raleigh Corsa. I didn't know they were becoming rare; I just sold the bike..... :?

Doesnt seem hugely sort after but I suppose, a complete groupo would be fun.

I just need the levers and callipers

Tel":2zkm8ouo said:
Are you literally finding this stuff at the tip!? Do you work there or what?

Its a privately run recycling centre under contract with Cambs County Council.

I cant say I'm treated any better than anyone else, just lucky. I do cover for when some of the guys are off but thats only been a recent thing (sometimes paid in wages, sometimes 'stuff').

I have to compete for bikes like anyone else (although the roadie stuff is kept back for me!) theres a big Polish contigent who strip the bikes and flog 'em in Peterborough, regardless of make/ quality.

Back