Hoods for Nuovo Record brake levers

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I'm after some gum coloured hoods for some Nuovo Record brake levers. They absolutely do not have to be Campag as more concerned with cost and functionality than authenticity (although not going to use a Nuovo Record equipped bike as a commuter/pub horse as a mate suggested :shock: ).

Anyone know where I might get some?

Good luck Ed. Even copies go for stupid money.

There's a couple of places on ebay have them occasionally. One called www.cyclery springs to mind.Maybe jonesbikes but they don't send overseas.

dbmtb":1udhlgj1 said:
Good luck Ed. Even copies go for stupid money.

That's exactly what I thought.

Was really hoping for ANY hoods (not even copies) that I could use with the levers. I think I may be reduced to continuing with the current perished and torn ones or possibly just retaping the bars and over the levers as they are in great nick and it would be a real pity not to use them.

Just as a thought, have you thought to see if a non-bike company has them?
There's a place in Reading called Hills Rubber. It's a proper old fashioned shop, with everything in glass cabinets and a wooden till that they write receipts out on and goes ping when you open the draw. An old man in a brown coat will look at whatever you bring in, measure it and say if it's something you have.
If you aren't local to Reading, post me a lever and I'll go and ask for you.

Thanks Chris, I've been given a few leads that I'll pursue first but I really appreciate your offer and will be in touch if I have no luck.

Cheers

Ed

Back