SHIMANO VS CAMPAGNOLO

Campag - running to catch up since 1988.

Never got used to the ergonomics of the Ergo levers though I liked the solid shift feel.

campy1.jpg

Depends who's asking - but the new electronic Dura-Ace groupset is the most incredible concoction of bike kit I've ever had the pleasure of using.

IN a perfect world:
The look and durability of Campag, but with the freehub design that Shimano have sewn up with patents.

I've ridden a '96 Record / Chorus mix bike all winter for the past three years, still looks good as new.
They even make their chainrings out of metal, unlike ShimaNO who use some kind of cheese / cardboard composite.:shock:

I love the teeny grease ports on Record hubs and headsets, and the fact that you can adjust bearings with the wheel still on the bike. Campag is simple to maintain.

dbmtb":3ghs90gv said:
but the new electronic Dura-Ace groupset is the most incredible concoction of bike kit I've ever had the pleasure of using.

be interested to see how it stands up to a good british winter - water, salt, sludge etc over a lengthy period of time. Probably ok in californian climate lab conditions. Can you tell I'm a technophobe?

Technophobe? Don't blame you after Mektronic...mind you that was French electronics and 5 years of Peugeot ownership taught me about that...:shock:

Back