Gios Compact Pro

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
A mate of mine has a mid 90's Gios Compact Pro in the usual Blue with chrome lugs, forks, rear ends etc. It's fitted out with 8 speed Corus, Cinelli, Rolls etc. It also happens to be exactly the right size for me and he's thinking of selling it. It's been well used over the years (he was a national veterans road race champion on it one year) but is still in good condition.

Now then, I know we have the 'what's it worth' thread but it seems that not many people bother to use it so I'm going to be cheeky and ask here.

What sort of offer should I make that's sensible but not OTT. I'm not going to make the sort of offer that he might get from a 'collector' in the US (sincerly no offence to our US members here but some of your countrymen do seem to have more money than sense when it comes to e-bay!) but I would like to buy it - and use it!

Any help will be gratefully received.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
phone racescene at barnsley. They are main dealers for gios and am told a good shop. Tell them your predicament and see if they can give an inklin as to what they might offer if someone was doing a part exchange.

Ask for glynn (aka freddie).

pigman":3ek8u2ej said:
phone racescene at barnsley. They are main dealers for gios and am told a good shop. Tell them your predicament and see if they can give an inklin as to what they might offer if someone was doing a part exchange.

Ask for glynn (aka freddie).

That's where he bought it from and they probably know the bike anyway.

But thanks for the suggestion. I've not been over there for ages so might take a trip across soon anyway.

Thanks for the help on this guys. I'm getting the feeling that it may end up a bit to rich for what I'm prepared to spend. I'll see him during the week and see what I can do.

Back