legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Kinesis Crosslight with 105 10spd and stuff

My GF's nephew has given up cycling so this had been sat in the shed after just 3 races and a puncture.

He said I could have it, his mother said I could have it, my GF said we should give him some money which I agreed to. Far to nice just to be given away.

Anyway, the GF's nephew is a lanky sod so I'm all stretched out with that layback seatpost.

10 speed?? I lost count on that cassette after 8... and that BB!

Attachments

• Kiniesis Crosslight.jpg
    Kiniesis Crosslight.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 642
i used to sell those, they are a bloody nice bike, that's got to be a keeper for you hasn't it?

:cool: :D

Crosses make great commuters. They have clearance for more robust tyre choices and are light as a crisp packet. The only thing I don't understand are the use of drop bars, as the opportunities to adopt the roadie aero posture seem limited/of little benfit for the obstacle-strewn and uneven terrain faced by crossers... Unless I am mistaken?

Anyway, I put flats on mine and it feels comfy as vevlet scuds! :LOL:

Ooo, you lucky lad! That is one nice cross bike. I'm just a teansy-weansy bit jealous.

Are you going to 'have a go' next season?

Also could be a summer Cross season locally. There is in Yorkshire.

I've grown to like 10 speed. Just like having a 7 speed - with 3 extra gears. Which is what it actually is I suppose :? :roll:

some of the more recent cross races in the south have been descibed piss takingly as timetrial courses. my old boss (wessex vets cross champion) said there were 2 races last season that he could have ridden his road bike on with 28mm tyres.

he has 3 cross bikes now, 2 set up for techinical or muddy races and what he now refers to as his TT cross bike.

the tt crosser gets deep section spinergy tilium tub wheels, a steeper front end with a more road orientated set up with harder gears just for the faster/less technical courses.

they are no where near as cross like as they should be. :?

CX bikes are definitely the way forward.

Almost as light as a road bike... but can handle off road? Seems that they can replace cross country MTBs (to a point).

I'm cycling the south downs way (all 100 miles) in one day on a modified Specialized Tricross Comp.

I'll post my time up a week Thursday. Bear in mind that I'm totally amateur! ;)

Back