Ferris Fixed Wheel

Steve G

Dirt Disciple
I've finally bot this into a reasonable state worthy of a couple of pictures.
I'm not sure of the exact age of the frame but it was owned by Gerry Burgess (who was GB brakes) before my late granfather got it. Must have been made sometime aroung the war though.
I would be interested if anyone else has any info on this.

Ferris2.jpg

Ferris1.jpg

This is it when my Grandfather had it. I've got the pump and all the mudguard brackets etc but they are a bit untidy.
HarryCox.jpg

Hi, thanks for looking.
I've had a little ride and have taken the toe clips off till I'm a bit more used to it. I've never ridden a fixed wheel bike before so it's all new.
My Grandfather used it on the road for many years, think I need to be a bit fitter before going far on it.

It's turned out an absolute cracker! Is it the original paintwork? If so it was a class job at the time. Love the chainset and the pedals, great condition.

Persevere with the toeclips, they make it much easier to ride (eventually!)

Hello
I think it was repainted when my Grandfather got it, not very thickly as you can see the original stickers through the paint.
Normally I would have stripped it all and got it painted properly but its History would be lost then. I'm not sure what colour it was originally
The bar tape is a bit scruffy but its how it was. A couple of layers of innertube followed by the tape, proabably to take a bit of shock out of the bars.
I took this of the stickers and wonder if the paint was stripped apart from the bit where the stickers were
FerrisSticker.jpg

Back