Greg Fuquay

hibernian

Dirt Disciple
Does Greg Fuquay still build frames in the UK? I bought a Dauphine frame and fork combo from him around 6-7 years ago though it has never been used. Going to build it up with Campagnolo equipment over the Christmas holidays.
Interested to know if anyone else is using Fuquay road frames and what you think of them?

Hi! As far as I know Greg is not building frames at the moment (sniff!) but did hear rumours that he was going to start up again.

Unfortunately I don't have a Fuquay road frame but I do have a mountain frame and forks, love to see photos of the bike once built up :D

Stu

Same Fuquay, think Elmy must have been near his workshop as they have/had his Amp based FS frame......I fear 53cm is still too big for me, gotta be a bargain for a hundred quid though!

Stu

Guys, thanks for that tip - I now own a NOS Fuquay cyclocross frame!

Just need some decals now.. any of you got a template or know who has some?

I think Gil on this forum is the man for decals

Just looked at the Elmy Cycles site and found this for sale

http://www.elmycycles.co.uk/classifieds.htm

fuquay.JPG

That's pretty sweet

Fuquay Dauphine

Picture of my Fuquay. Its Going on ebay in a couple of days.

Attachments

• IMGP2285.JPG
    IMGP2285.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 3,653
  • IMGP2279.JPG
    IMGP2279.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 3,654
  • IMGP2268.JPG
    IMGP2268.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 3,654
  • IMGP2273.JPG
    IMGP2273.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 3,654
54cm seat tube. 55cm top tube. Built to the same geometry as my Specialized Allez because it works for me.
The bike covered around 60 miles over the hols and was kept in dry storage (my old bedroom) prior to that.
The only marks on the frame is where the cable housing has unfortunately rubbed on the headtube (can be seen in picture).
Comes with Campag Chorus BB and Headset, Record seatpost and 3TTT stem and bars all bought at the same time as the frame and equally as unused.
I also have a photocopy of the Cycling Weekly review of the frame where it got a 4.5 out of 5 rating.
I hope this info is of use to you and thank you for your interest.

Please contact me directly for price.

Attachments

• IMGP2286.JPG
    IMGP2286.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 3,627
  • IMGP2264.JPG
    IMGP2264.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 3,627
Fuquay

My Fuquay did not sell on e-bay. If anyone is interested in the frame send me a message, until then it will be gathering dust in my loft :(
I have made up my mind to sell the Fuquay so i can fund the purchase of a Cotic to replace my Dogs Bolx. Looking for £140 ono not including bars and post though. Check out the for sale section on this site, cheers.

Back