Will I get tension?

clunker

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Purchased a Roberts 531 road frame recently to build up as a singlespeed using a WI Eno hub, however I am told I may get tension with these dropouts :?

3473731201_34d68254c3_b.jpg

I have the same dropouts on my 80's sport bike frame and it gave me enough play to get the tension I wanted. I didn't even need a halflink, but that probably depends on the gear ratio's you use.
I would give it a try, those Eno's are very nice, but expensive.

Have you already bought the Eno? those dropouts are long enough to adjust the chain just using a normal hub, fixed or ss. Enjoy it!

Thanks for the comments guys, frame is off to Colourtech next month for its repspray, next thing on the list was the wheels, so now I don't need an Eno, maybe I can get the lugs lined now :cool:

The only risk is that you find you have the misfortune that you have the chain when new close to the back of the dropout and have to remove a link when it wears. This is a common problem on badly thought-out tandems where the timing chain centres are not at least an integer number of inches apart.

clunker":1p2tawj2 said:
frame is off to Colourtech next month for its repspray,

are you having it cold set as well to make dropout width narrower, say 110/120 for singlespeed?

pigman said:
cold set as well to make dropout width narrower?/quote]

That's more necessary if you're fitting a wider hub, if you're putting a 120 hub in a 126 bike it's only 3mm either side you can just squeeze it when you put the wheel in. I've been doing that for years, no probs. (or if there's plenty of axle thread, just put a 3mm washer each side).

Here's an illustration; these dropouts are about the same as the Roberts. There's a 15t cog one side & 17t the other. I can flip the wheel & get correct tension with both.
Framebits004.jpg

Back