klein year mistery! (solved)

bwhsh8r

Retro Guru
solved
also if im 5'9" is the frame worth building up for myself, because im worried its going to be too small, and as a broke college student its a big investment fo put into decent component mix with 3 other road bikes already built up + a mtb (i bought it thinking it was a 57, but a 55 might fit me better? i get mixed messages saying im anywhere between 55 and 5:cool:

thanks for all your help!

Can't help with the serial number issue. Be good to see pics though ;)

Size is subjective but assuming the frame is measured c-c I'd assume the 55cm wouldn't be a bad fit for you.

I'll put some proper pictures up after I find an actual camera, the digital one on my phone works, but you wont barely be able to read "klein" let alone see anything other than blurry yellow :) ill try and dig up my moms digicam tonight.

& great to hear about the 55cm not being too very small, as my dad has had me riding on some 58cms, which i can get away with but am a bit stretched. I got called back by a local pool today (even though we called them earlier this week and they said they were getting bombarded with applications and theyd "call us if they called us") so ill finally have enough money to put some decent parts on this thing! (dont work at abrocrombie & fitch if you want to work more than 10hours a week for minimum wage.)

p.s. theres some concerning bubbling or migrating or something going on between where the aluminium dropout of the aeros fork meets the carbon, ill take a picture as i am concirned the things gonna give out if i put any real weight on it. if the forks bum that would also explain why the frame was so cheep :LOL:

p.s. you guys have some of the MOST BEAUTIFUL road bikes that i have ever seen & the classics are my favorite so.... yeah! rock on.

As with cars, a new model year begins after summer holidays.
So your Quantum Pro is made in September 96 but since it's already a 1997 vintage, it was made with 97 specs.

And what it's worth, I'm 6ft tall and I just bought me a 55cm Quantum Pro (1996).

96_quantum_pro_1.jpg

Archangel":1m6vwjqg said:
As with cars, a new model year begins after summer holidays.
So your Quantum Pro is made in September 96 but since it's already a 1997 vintage, it was made with 97 specs.

And what it's worth, I'm 6ft tall and I just bought me a 55cm Quantum Pro (1996).
ah, you got that quantum pro :)
was watching that auction too. super nice frame, congrats!

Oh, cool! That would have never crossed my mind, glad to hear im not daft (like i thought i was being) :cool:

Im jealous of your frame!!! its a beautiful / my favorite color! I'm definitely going to be watching for your build up for inspiration, I cant wait to see yours done! Are you thinking of going campy, shimano, or sram with yours? Mine is admittedly more bland

heres some crap phone pics of mine, ill post some decent ones after school today (hopefully... the weathers beautiful today so i might just be riding 'round)

http://img23.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=0406092117.jpg

probably a stupid question :oops: are the quantum pro's still considered to be a lightweight frame or not so much anymore? :)

p.s. thanks for your help w/ my confusion!

I'm 5'8"ish and i've ridden a 53cm, the 55cm would have been too big for me

haha thatd be ironic if it winds up too big, but ive been riding 58cm bikes my whole life, so its going to hopefully help with my back aches (i sound like an old man, im only 19!!!!) but yeah

in unrelated news the headset bearing tool is on sale right now from trek evidently. (ordered everything but the mc-2 collet wrench, still need to track one down thats preferably not paypal)

but i grin knowing at least i wont have to buy some crazy tool for the b/b, just to make the fork work was expensive!!

bwhsh8r":3b91uwkj said:
Im jealous of your frame!!! its a beautiful / my favorite color! I'm definitely going to be watching for your build up for inspiration, I cant wait to see yours done! Are you thinking of going campy, shimano, or sram with yours?

Thanks for the compliments. I just bought a Campagnolo Record Titanium front derailleur so I think I'll have to build it with Campagnolo components. I will go pretty modern with this one and no period-correct.

bwhsh8r":3b91uwkj said:
p.s. thanks for your help w/ my confusion!

You're most welcome.

Back