WONDER lights

DAVE O

Devout Dirtbag
I haven't put these in the for sale section - I'm not selling them :)

Just been clearing out the garage and found these lights that I used to use for training in the early 80's. If anybody wants them they can have them before I bin them! I don't know if you can even get the batteries for them anymore :D
You pay postage or pick up...

DSC02183.jpg

Regards,
Dave O.

Wonder Lights=Not as good as a Wonder Bra.

Seriously though, I wonder what percentage of us had a set of those? I know I did.

Did they all have slightly wonky electrics at the front meaning they need a thump every now and then?

Blast from the past there! Think I had some similar, kind of hankered after the round faced ever readys though!

John":67ut3b1w said:
Blast from the past there! Think I had some similar, kind of hankered after the round faced ever readys though!

Thanks for jogging my memory. I think I've got a pair of those round faced EverReadys in the garage. I'll have to have a dig tomorrow night when I get home.

They were so heavy, anytime you went up,off,over anything they would reposition themselves, at which point you had to adjust while riding.

I seem to remember they cast a faint cross on the road infront of you. We all had them at the time - But be todays standards they were really pi55 poor :D
I'll give it a couple of days and then chuck em. Probably the best place for them :?

AREPO":j6r0x5y7 said:
They were so heavy, anytime you went up,off,over anything they would reposition themselves, at which point you had to adjust while riding.

It wasn't the weight it was that those plastic brackets woudn't grip anything. My old Ever Readys had better clamps, but the front still slipped until I put a bit of old innertube under the clamp.

Those old lights weren't much cop for lighting your way, but in well lit urban areas they got you seen. I used to keep mine pointed just above level so they would get in drivers' eyes. In these days of high output LEDs of course they are still shoite.

Don't thow em away Dave, they're iconic them ! -a real blast from the past. Funny how we all seemed to have the same [disappointing] experience of them; -that's what makes them iconic retro ! ;)
I don't really want them,-not really worth the postage, but if you're gonna bin them I'll have them 'cause they should be saved ! :LOL:
PM me [cheapest poss!] postage please then mate..

Ferrus (The Wonder Light Saviour) :D

I'll get em weighed next time I pass the post office and let you know. Can't see it being much ;)

Regards,
Dave

Back