Back in the day my dad taught me to put bar tape on starting near the stem - apparently a certain Mr Mercx did it that way. Now we are supposed to satrt at the bar end and use lecky tape to finish. The former is neater , but the later is easier.
* aim for a starting overlap of nearly a full width.
* check embossed logos - Deda tapes are rolled for left and right.
* when looking down at the bars wind inside to out
* a dry run will always be perfect the real go will be cack!
* within a week you'll rip or pull the tape
Why do I ride a Pace - it's all that bl**dy sheep's fault