Peugeot talk..

cyclone

Dirt Disciple
my peugeot premiere in the other thread cost me 119 pounds in 1986 when i was 16 years old to go work on.
now i'd wished i'd bought a higher spec peugeot of the time with reynolds or super visto tubing and alloy qr wheels etc but wouldn't have been able to afford one i doubt.

so if a carbolite 103 without alloy or qr wheels was 119 how much would a higher spec ( py10 etc etc ) peugeot racer of the time been in 1986??..anyone recall?

mine also seems to have the swiss threaded bottom bracket so must have been manufactured before the changeover year to BSA thread which i believe was '86

my crank fixing bolts have rounded off so i have a bit of play there cos i don't think i can get them tight enough...are these standard size?

is swiss stuff readily available if not....

then lookin on flickr, pug fixies seem to be very popular so may fixie it...

here is one i couldn't help taking a liking to.....

pugfixavecgoldtechhubs.jpg

i was looking at a peugeot equipe today at one of those second hand buy and sell anything shops...looked all original to me, mid 80's i think...nothing spectacular spec wise (fairly cheap and nasty really)......shop wanted 60 quid which for what it was and condition seemed way over the odds to me...i kept thinking what a nice fixie it would make though :D
my old school mate and riding buddy used to have a lovely peugeot....531 throughout, 195 groupset and racing geometry...i had a decent isht raleigh but was always a bit green about that peugeot!

Back