My scores of the last week (GIOS TORINO ADDED)

Retro Newbie
Hi to all!

As you can see I'm a new member of the forum and I'm from a land with a great cycling history , The Netherlands..... I've been pointed out to this forum by boardie "elev12k" yesterday and he asked me to post my classic roadbikes.

I'd like to open my first thread in this category with these fine examples I scored last week. However, I have to have one post in order to post url's or links. So this is my first post saying hi to everyone!

*Edit* And with a small work around, I did manage to get my pics to show in this post after editting my first post...

The 2 Batavus bikes have been ridden by Dutch competition rider Leon de Bon and Olympic champion '88 , Gerrit de Vries.

The Batavus bikes:

In it's original state...

rotterdam-fixed-gear-batavus-professional-time-trial.jpg

Some details...

rotterdam-fixed-gear-batavus-professional-time-trial_1-465x309.jpg

rotterdam-fixed-gear-batavus-professional-time-trial_3-465x309.jpg

rotterdam-fixed-gear-batavus-professional-time-trial_2-465x699.jpg

The road-competition version of the bike:

rotterdam-fixed-gear-batavus-professional-time-trial_15-465x309.jpg

rotterdam-fixed-gear-batavus-professional-time-trial_14-465x309.jpg

rotterdam-fixed-gear-batavus-professional-time-trial_12-465x309.jpg

rotterdam-fixed-gear-batavus-professional-time-trial_10-465x309.jpg

rotterdam-fixed-gear-batavus-professional-time-trial_8-465x309.jpg

And a pic of the rider riding the similar bike in Seoul during the Olympics back in '88.

ANPvrede.jpg

Both bikes are still well reserved and came with 6 extra wheels and a dozen of never ridden tubes ...
2 X 650c front-wheels (tubular) with Dura Ace hubs laced to Fiamme Speedy (?) gold anodized rims + 1 650c front-wheel with Campagnolo hub laced to a Fiamme Speedy (?) gold anodized rim.

The reason i'm noting a question mark behind the type is because for all I know Fiamme rims which were gold anodized were only available as GI8 types.
However these rims in fact are trapezoidal, narrower on the hub side than on the tire side, and that would make them the Speedy type.

Apart from the 650c wheels I received 3 700c rear-wheels, all Campagnolo, laced to Mavic GP4 rims.
All parts on the roadbike are Campagnolo, except for the handlebar and stem, both Cinelli.

I will update this post either today or tomorrow with my latest scores (MASI, Gitane, and a Gios Torino Super Record)

Knowing these throroughbreds were located only 10km from my place, maybe a tiny little bit dumb I did not get them myself.

Happy they found a good home :)

True 80s beauts, 24K

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I'm so stoked with the TT... I've put in my Van Tuyl discwheel in the rear (trackwheel) and have put a 650c Fiamme with Dura Ace hub in the front and man, this bike is so fast and smooth!

I took out the original discwheels cause i would hate to wreck them in the streets!

I'm a fixed rider for quite a while now (starting up my own messenger company in Rotterdam and am running an (for now) online shop with fixed gear /trackbike / singlespeed specific parts.

We're (not everyone from the crew) are a huge fan of classic road bikes and unfortunately I couldn't go to the Stalen Ros fair in Neerkant. However, my friends from Eindhoven (www.ehvfxd.net) went there and made a nice picture report of all nice bikes there!

If I see all that goods, my hands are itching and my tongue is somewhere around my knees... If only...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ehvfxd/set ... 668153603/

Both very nice bikes, I like them.

Welcome to the forum, lots of us here like classic road bikes.

Being almost inconceivably bad at time trials (especially over ten miles) I have never had one. Trouble is I really like them. Disc wheel on the front though outdoors!! It must mave been a very calm day.

Very nice bikes.

Got me! :roll:
Yes that's me!
I will be picking up the Gios tomorrow around 13:00 .
Can't wait! We picked up the MASI as well, still haven't had the time to take some decent pictures though.

Very cool, thanks for sharing. Look forward to seeing this GIOS.

I really wanna ride that tt bike, looks superb. Some great guys on here with awesome knowledge who will make you feel right at home. So sit back, relax and welcome to retrobike.

Back