Alan Supercarbonio / Vitus ZX1

Popyafro

Old School Hero
Hi!
I've got an Alan Supercarbonio Dura Ace 9sp with Spinergy RevX wheels for many years.
Now, I could buy a Vitus ZX1 frame, and I don't know what to do.
Should I buy the Vitus and change my frame???
I don't want to have 2 bikes, and I should decide what to get. I love my Alan, but Vitus ZX1 is so special...
I think Vitus is heavier than Alan...

but it's sooooo espectacular....
What do you think I should do???

Attachments

• P1000129_75.JPG
    P1000129_75.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 3,565
I feel an idiot now. I couldn't see the picture when I was not logged in. Is that normal? I like the Alan. Get us a picture of the Vitus.

What do you mean 'you don't want to have 2 bikes'??

You can't be on here and only have one! ;)

Or did you mean that you can't have as few as 2 bikes? That would be more like it for a Retrobike member!

Whatever, let's see both and we can give you our professional opinion :)

The ZX1 looks like this >>>

21493VitusZX1_051817_3805-large.jpg

Peugeot carried it too. As top of the line Team Line offering. I believe 12K in guilders.

No idea whether it is good.

I don't care if it's good or not!

I LIKE it!

Reminds me of 'and now for something completely different!'

Cool man ;)

alan

Hello Popyafro
What a dilema you have.
Go for the Vitus and seeing how I'm such a nice bloke, I will take that old 9 speed :roll: Alan off your hands for a tenner and a lightly used bidon ;)

No Seriously, I really prefer the Alan, keep both if you can possibly do it.

Good luck
Jamie

Hi!
This is the Zx1.
It's so espectacular...
He sells me only the frame,fork, seat post and saddle and rear derailleur (sh 105) and crankset (bontrager) ... so I should buy brakes, front derailleur, pedals, and shift/brake unit (I'd use my Spinergy RevX)

Attachments

• ZX1.jpeg
    ZX1.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 3,523
  • zx1_2.JPG
    zx1_2.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 3,518
Popyafro":3ow6bzt1 said:
Hi!
This is the Zx1.
It's so espectacular...
He sells me only the frame,fork, seat post and saddle and rear derailleur (sh 105) and crankset (bontrager) ... so I should buy brakes, front derailleur, pedals, and shift/brake unit (I'd use my Spinergy RevX)

What for me would be very important is whether I could get the decals off it easily.

Personally I would use pretty much none of the parts the frames comes with. I would go for something like MAVIC groepset, LOOK adj stem...

Back