Colnago or not?

Senri

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys, I really need your expertice on this one. I have seen a possible Colnago for sale and I try to determine what it is. I have no picture, but this is what I have seen.
Red frame with simple white surface with Colnago name, both on downtube and seattube.
chrome fork (looks with aero crown)
aero brake levers
braze on shift levers (post 72?)
shift cables above BB (pre 82?)
clamp-on front derailler
chrome seatstays, both sides, possibly including drop-outs
and now the most bugging thing: 3 braze-ons on the TT (top) for the rear brake cable.

I have no ideas what is original and what not, but I think they lost the clips for the brake cable after 77 orso, but I have never seen a Colnago with 3 braze-ons, always 2.

What do you think? Is it a Colnago?

***UPDATE***
I just found a Colnago Mexico from the late 80's that has 3 braze-ons! It doesn't have the chrome seatstays, the chrome front lugs or the shifter cable going above the BB, but still... 3 braze-ons!

I do not know what you spotted ...but I spotted a red white panel Colnago somewhere in A'dam area - I recall. Think it can be had for an apple and an egg

Without pics it is tough to answer your q

Checked back

Think we're discussing the same bike

I am no expert, but I would think it is original. At the right price you can't go wrong - would be my consideration.

Yes, I guess we are discussing the same bike. I have done the highest bid now and will try to make contact this week to have a look. It is very close to me.
I was trying to establish if the bike is a real Colnago and if so, which model. I guess any Colnago would be ok for that price, even though I was not looking for another bike as I am in the middle of rebuilding my Nishiki and building up the Rafty. Anyway, I don't think I can let this one go. Keep you posted!

Back