Retro Peugeot Catalogue Pictures

Glad you like it, no idea how i found them!!! was browsing for 1984 Peugeot Road Bikes i think.

I was bought a Peugeot Equipe when i was about 10 - maybe 11, 12 years old, can't remember exactly. I know it was after Robert Millar won the KOM in 1984 though.

My dream as a lad was to have his bike! or at least a bike the same as his bike, now i want to build/buy a replica trying to stay as true to the team bikes as possible, the only problem i guess will be the frame, i believe the Peugeot team were riding bikes that were a mix of Carbon Fibre / Aluminium those frames wouldnt stand the test of time, so Reynolds 531c will make do

Does anyone have any details on Peugeot Pro bikes from 1984 - 1988

I would love to build one, i wont say money is no object because it is, but i am happy to build this bike over the course of 5-6 months maybe longer with maybe £500-£600 being spent. Is this realistic??

Thanks

Pirate

My lucky day. Tonight I collected from a freecycler a beautiful but rusty frame along with a complete not so beautiful bike.

Trying to id the frame with these Peugeot sites but although I am getting close, cant find an exact match. Looks like a 1987 Ventoux

http://cyclespeugeot.com/images/1987_PH501_Ventoux.jpg

but could be earlier.It says "Triathlon" on the top tube and has a handy thing for attaching your race number to at the front end of that. 501, White + chromalloy M forks

Can anyone interpret this serial number? Definitely a GB model.
P501 SWGB

"carbon not standing the test of time?

Better not read here then:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38922"

Ha ha reminds me of the bonded bikes thread!

Still jumping my glued aluminium Vitus over and off curbs.
100% convinced now my twenty year old tubular wheel will collapse before the frame!

It could be a km thing no idea how many mine had before a friend rescued it from the tip, but there are a lot more on it now....[/quote]

Latest posts

Back