Ultimate road bike?

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
We've obviously covered this many times on the offroad tip but not for road bikes (unless I've missed something :oops: ).

So, favorites/most desired in steel, alu, ti, carbon and even better if you have examples/experience. Bring it on!

Steel:

Merckx Team Motorola with 1994 Dura Ace STI

Aluminum:

Vitus 979 (purple ano main tubes circa 1990) with 1992 Mavic

Titanium:

LeMond Ti from 1994, the one where the top of the bike is dark blue and fades to natural Ti down the frame. with Campagnolo C-Record

Attachments

• Merckx corsa extra.jpg
    Merckx corsa extra.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 2,699
  • vitus979.jpg
    vitus979.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 2,699
Never thought about that, but I think for me it would be something Japanese. Nagasawa or 3Rensho or so. That is what 1st comes up in my mind. The Japanese are very into detailing and they are dedicated to deliver best quality.

Good nominations are Masis and Cinellis ...oh, and of course Zieleman.

I should be hung for selling my Cinelli road frame...

BUT! at leats I now own an Eddy Merckx with C.Record and Deltas, need some better spec wheels.

MadCowKev":28pd3usr said:
Stick Legs":28pd3usr said:

+1 - one day!

Nice colour scheme. Would you go for the corsa extra, tsx or mx leader though, afaik motorola rode all 3 over the years. Had a couple of corsa extras in similar and identical colour schemes, nice bikes.

Tricky question this, let me think. Can all my choices be steel :D

John":149m5n6n said:
MadCowKev":149m5n6n said:
Stick Legs":149m5n6n said:

+1 - one day!

Nice colour scheme. Would you go for the corsa extra, tsx or mx leader though, afaik motorola rode all 3 over the years. Had a couple of corsa extras in similar and identical colour schemes, nice bikes.

I had a Corsa SLX. Nice bike. Stupidly replaced it with a Trek OCLV :roll:

Which one used Colombus Max? Being a bit bigger than average I'd go for that one ;)

MadCowKev":1j1l8ng0 said:
John":1j1l8ng0 said:
MadCowKev":1j1l8ng0 said:
Stick Legs":1j1l8ng0 said:

+1 - one day!

I had a Corsa SLX. Nice bike. Stupidly replaced it with a Trek OCLV :roll:

Which one used Colombus Max? Being a bit bigger than average I'd go for that one ;)

That was the mx leader. I think I need one of those too :LOL:

Latest posts

Back