Is it wrong to hang a bike on a wall as art?

crossley

Dirt Disciple
I have a number of bikes and the collection is growing. Some of which I will ride, some maybe not...

Does anyone have a bike hanging on their wall or is that a step too far? Lets see some pics if anyone owns up to hanging a pride and joy. And i'm talking in the house not in the shed!

when i eventually own my own place i intend to have a "wall of frame" :D

it will be for the classic frames that i no longer use but have sentimental memories of.

:D

It's a great idea. I will hang one of mine from the wall. When the wall is mine :D

wouldnt dare. If i hung some of my ex skip clunkers on the wall the house would collapse.

The only bike I'd display is if it had some unique historic interest to me, eg. a Merckx tour bike or simpson's bike etc

My Gios and my Dave Yates function mostly as wall-hangers.

The Gios because - well - have you seen what campag brake hood rubber costs these days?

the Dave Yates - because - I rode on it against some very very big names (more due to a quirky danish racing licence regulation than to any particular talent of mine) and I want it in on piece when I pass it on to the next generation.

Everything else? Ride it FFS.

My Tommasini hangs on the wall inbetween rides.

I used speaker brackets wrapped in pipe lagging foam then used smal polystyrene coving to make a big frame and painted black and it looked just like a picture frame with the bike inn.

But alas that was when i lived with my mum and dad now a days it just sits in the corner of the bedroom.

Ok one quick visit to B&Q later...

CIMG0984.jpg

Back