Zullo SLX

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Recently collected this beauty (thanks to Roy and Melvin). Zullo were raced by TVM in early 90s, I think this is 91-92. Anyway, spec is:

Zullo SLX frame and fork in an amazing yellow 'marbled' finish
Graphite finish Deltas (Croce d'Aune I think)
Graphite finish chainset, aero levers and front mech
Campag rear mech (perhaps swop out, have Super Record and Dura Ace 7400 but would that be wrong)
Cinelli bars and stem
Campag seatpost
Turbomatic saddle
Look pedals
Campag Lambda rims on Campag hubs
Simplex friction d/t shifters

Attachments

• Zullo.JPG
    Zullo.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 1,719
Some more photos

Attachments

• Zullo head tube.JPG
    Zullo head tube.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,718
  • Zullo Delta.JPG
    Zullo Delta.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,718
Nice bike Ed, think it's difficult to do justice to the marbled finish in the photo - looks even more stunning in the flesh so to speak.

How does it ride? It's a very distinctive bike

Looks very clean Ed. What was the campag gray finish called again? Thought they only offered it on record level but maybe not judging by those deltas?

I think there was I kind of anniversary edition of Record that had a colour like this or exactly like this, called 'centenium' or so. The graphite finishing was available on more groupsets though, even ATB. On lower end groups you can also spot the colour on parts, but there it is cheapy plastic coated al.

Very nice Ed, but you knew that already.

Looking good.

Will try and resist the 'my god, thats a big frame' jokes but you must be short for your height.

This site is entirely to blame for my roadbike habit. :evil:

Thanks guys, as Melvin said, it's not a super big frame although the tall headtube makes it look like it is.

I really can't do the paint justice in a photo, it is really unusual

Attachments

• Zullo front Delta.JPG
    Zullo front Delta.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,668
Back