Hybrid or not to hybrid...

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
...that is the question.

Took the Orange Formula out today on a decision ride - the decision: 'drop bars - the devil's work :evil: or the way it should be? :) '

As I have no background in road cycling (had a Tracker - fake Chopper - in my youth) and I ain't no Jacqui Phelan, I was unprepared for the sheer discomfort of drop bars and the lethal positioning of the brake levers.

After an hour long ride to and through the centre of Manchester, premature Xmas shoppers and all, I have decided that the things are a liability; physically painful and, ultimately unnecessary - how often would I be in that aero position? Answer - never!

So a pair of cut down flat Hot Rods are being prepared (let's call it 'courier chic' to remain cool about wimping out) - the only question to be answered is: will XT thumbies do the duties on a 7speed indexed Shimano 600 cog set?

Anyone done this?

Neil

Yes they will. However I have another suggestion... try a 0 degree rise stem, you would be surprised! Anyway no one ever uses the drops ;) , the hoods are much more comfy! :LOL:

Back