Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:45 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:34 pm 
Retro Guru

repost...but you asked.

~1990 scapin el-os, mostly complete c-record.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:40 pm 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys

missmyfat wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=310112844965

:shock:

Good Gravy!

it is nice though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:43 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

A Slingshot road bike eh! Afraid I can't really get my head around the idea of riding something held together by a length of wire! How does it actually ride in practice, especially if you say you will ride some TT's on it next year? Is it rigid enough?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:48 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

one-eyed_jim wrote:

£1565!!!

I will say no more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:10 pm 
South East AEC
South East AEC

Old Ned wrote:
A Slingshot road bike eh! Afraid I can't really get my head around the idea of riding something held together by a length of wire! How does it actually ride in practice, especially if you say you will ride some TT's on it next year? Is it rigid enough?

Its a nice ride, especialy if you like to ride all day. I am not 100% sold on the idea of it being a true suspension frame but, but as you put power in the frame does feel like it stiffens, so its stiff on the climbs or when sprinting, and a softer ride when pottering along.

The plus side is it looks cool, for more info on the concept have a look at http://www.slingshotbikes.com/technology/slingpower

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:30 pm 
Retro Guru

Old Ned wrote:
one-eyed_jim wrote:

£1565!!!

I will say no more!

But look at the bidding history, it does look a bit suspicious, or the winner is a millionaire who wanted the frame at any price.

Or the seller decided they didn't want to sell, or the price wasn't high enough, so they get a couple friends to put in some fake bids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:43 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

TheGreenRabbit wrote:
Old Ned wrote:

Its a nice ride, especialy if you like to ride all day. I am not 100% sold on the idea of it being a true suspension frame but, but as you put power in the frame does feel like it stiffens, so its stiff on the climbs or when sprinting, and a softer ride when pottering along.

The plus side is it looks cool, for more info on the concept have a look at http://www.slingshotbikes.com/technology/slingpower

Could be good for riding a 12 or 24 then? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:15 am 
South East AEC
South East AEC

Old Ned wrote:
TheGreenRabbit wrote:
Old Ned wrote:

Could be good for riding a 12 or 24 then? :twisted:

That had crossed my mind, but was also thinking of London Edinburgh London http://www.londonedinburghlondon.co.uk/ :twisted: but I may just stick to ironman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:12 am 
Retro Guru

heres my carlton its 531 frame with shimano 600 mechs, campag brakes/headset/hubs/seatpost/pedals...sr royal cranks? the chain rings are drilled :shock: ... dont know too much about road bikes it was my dad's he recons he bought it in 1981? its got newish mavic rims on the original record hubs cos the old ones were nacked.
i'm using it to go to work on right now its easier than pedaling a 30lb jump bike :lol: :lol: :lol: i put the GT seat on cos the brooks one was hurting bad :twisted:

Attachments:
carlton03.jpg
carlton03.jpg [ 166.8 KiB | Viewed 2052 times ]
carlton02.jpg
carlton02.jpg [ 186.7 KiB | Viewed 2052 times ]
carlton01.jpg
carlton01.jpg [ 177.2 KiB | Viewed 2052 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:57 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

The Carlton's very nice, I like the chainrings, very 'Old Skool'.

I see you've got a few DVD's then. :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next