26.0 zero degree aheadstem?

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Anyone ever seen such a thing?

Think salsa may do one but looks a bit cack.

Sorry for the slight OT, couldn't risk the heathens in general chat :D

Do you mean in comparison to a 25.4?

In my experience they are usually fairly interchangeable, especially if the front is removable. However some DELICATE work with a file on one gave a better fit.

Zero perpendicular to the steerer, or zero parallel to the ground?

For a 1" steerer, Syncros made the latter, and I think the Cinelli Sesamo is an example of the former.

Anything around 15 degrees with give parallel to the ground.

As for filing, it's a TINY amount to take off...expecially when the tolerances of bars etc are considered.

one-eyed_jim":3k8tz9t7 said:
Zero perpendicular to the steerer, or zero parallel to the ground?

For a 1" steerer, Syncros made the latter, and I think the Cinelli Sesamo is an example of the former.

Zero perpendicular to the steerer (thus effectively giving a little rise but not as much as flipping a regular 6/10/17 road stem).

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If, however you're talking about 1 1/8" steerer then the full Syntace range is available in both 25.4mm and 26.0mm. I think they used to be available in 1" steerer and also with a zero-rise BITD The lightest of the lot, the F99 is here

I have a 90mm one on my road bike - it's actually a +/-6 degree stem, but pretty subtle on such a short stem, you really don't notice it. I might consider selling it on in fact - it's probably absolutely fine but I just don't feel 100% comfortable riding over Flemish cobbles with such a light stem. I'd never ride around here with a carbon stem for that reason.

They recommend only using it with the correct steerer size but that sounds like an exercise in litigation avoidance to me. I can't for the life of me see how using a shim could lead to problems through anything other than bad installation.

Cheers, Gareth.

It's 1 1/8"

Got a F99 currently, would prefer something a bit sturdier...

Back