Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:31 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 154  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:12 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Thanks for the information! I suppose that I did not expect it to be a professional grade bike.
I paid about £200 equivalent in Swedish currency, which I'm comfortable with, since I havn't been able to find a good condition racer locally that fits in that price range for a long time until I found this one.

The previous owner had it left to a bike shop to replace wearable parts like the rubber on the breaks, the break wires and generally get it up to snuff, which apparently did cost quite a bit.

It fits my needs as a first racer bike, I needed an entry level bike primarily to use for cardio exercise and plainly for the joy of riding -- it does feel nice and solid to ride.

Again, thanks fellows. I'm pretty sure it will encourage me to upgrade to a different bike, when, and if I feel that it no longer suffice for my needs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:50 am 
Dirt Disciple

I have been offered a pair of ssc rims built onto DA 7400 hubs with cassette all in fantastic condition with worn tubs for £200 posted.
What does this sound like price wise as recon these will ride nice.
Just built some NOS 7400 onto mavic open sport and cost me as much but may sell to fund the ssc bad boys.
Thanks in advance
Karl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:41 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Maraner161 wrote:
I have been offered a pair of ssc rims built onto DA 7400 hubs with cassette all in fantastic condition with worn tubs for £200 posted.
What does this sound like price wise as recon these will ride nice.
Just built some NOS 7400 onto mavic open sport and cost me as much but may sell to fund the ssc bad boys.
Thanks in advance
Karl

seems a lot if you ask me. Maybe keep aneye on these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-Dura- ... 2ec94906d1

Can't see them going for much more than 120

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:26 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

I've got a Kowal/Autostrada built Ribble in 653 record tubing. How much do we think the frame and fork is worth in good but not amazing condition?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:46 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi there,

I am thinking of selling my one owner 1959 Fred Dean. It is largely original with good original paint and chrome and has the original Fred Dean musette bag included. I have replaced the bar tape with New Old Stock red tape and Bluemels light blue plugs as per original. It is in the colours of the De Laune CC and has the original owners name and te club name sign written on it is 531 DB with chrome ends, lugs and seat stay wrap over. It really is a museum piece and I have never seen another. Any ideas on value and where best to advertise?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:51 pm 
Dirt Disciple

vintagebicycleman wrote:
Hi there,

I am thinking of selling my one owner 1959 Fred Dean. It is largely original with good original paint and chrome and has the original Fred Dean musette bag included. I have replaced the bar tape with New Old Stock red tape and Bluemels light blue plugs as per original. It is in the colours of the De Laune CC and has the original owners name and te club name sign written on it is 531 DB with chrome ends, lugs and seat stay wrap over. It really is a museum piece and I have never seen another. Any ideas on value and where best to advertise?

Pics here: (Sorry!)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:25 pm 
Retro Guru

vintagebicycleman wrote:
vintagebicycleman wrote:
Hi there,
Pics here: (Sorry!)

Sorted your pictures for you :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:14 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Thanks a lot, I am still learning how to use the site!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:24 am 

I have a late '82 Dawes Imperial which i'd like some idea of value on with a view to selling as I find it too uncomfortable to ride and have done since committing the heinous crime of buying a Claud Butler Mountain Bike in the early 90's.

The frame is a 24 inch (i think (Centre of crank to top collar of seat tube).
531 Butted Forks, Tubes & Stays.

Colour is Light Blue - Unscratched but very light almost unspottable chain rash on rear fork, Decals as new. There is very light discolouration to a small (1cm) section of the paint on the rear stays where a panier rack was mounted when I used the bike to do some touring in the early 80's (rather than metal to metal mount the rack I rubber insulated the clamp and the rubber discoloured the paint slightly).

Forks are Chromed 531 Blades.

Wheels - Maillard Hubs, Weinmann concave Rims 700C, Double Butted Spokes (light surface corrosion), Tyres renewed in late '90's/early '00's.

Componentry - As built so Suntour Cyclone MkII groupset, SR Chainset, SR Headstock, SR Seatpost, Weinmann 605 brakes, Kashimax AeroPro Saddle, GB Handlebars (with original tape (if a little faded), horrible OEM headset of unknown origin. SG slimline muguards from 1982.

General notes - I've owned this since new and even rode it home to Abingdon from Broadribbs in Market Street Oxford on the day of purchase. I think it was £200 new. I used it for Touring in i think '83 and apart from that it was used for local rides I estimate it has done less than 500miles on the road and not been out in the rain since the mid '80's if at all. I used it on an early (read VERY NOISY!) Turbo Trainer for years which is I guess why it has survived this long in almost original condition. The bike in all is a bit grubby, dusty really but I have shied away from cleaning it for fear of damaging it in some way.

Ideally I'd like it to go to a collector or someone who will use it, not strip it and sell the parts individually as is the way nowadays.

So any ideas on a value...

Ashley.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:06 pm 

Hi,
A friend pointed me to this message board to find out what this bike is, who are the signatures on the sticker and what is it worth. My father's friend, who was a keen cyclist, gave him this bike, and he has now given it to me. Hope the photos are clear enough.
Thanks for your help

Attachments:
Bike 4.jpg
Bike 4.jpg [ 91.48 KiB | Viewed 340 times ]
Bike 3.jpg
Bike 3.jpg [ 143.06 KiB | Viewed 340 times ]
Bike 1.jpg
Bike 1.jpg [ 123.11 KiB | Viewed 340 times ]
Bike 2.jpg
Bike 2.jpg [ 106.94 KiB | Viewed 340 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 ... 154  Next