Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:56 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 154  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:57 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Trebz wrote:
Hi All

I have been thinking about selling off my Raleigh Record Sprint Single Speed.

Can anyone give me an indication as to what would be a fair asking price.

See the link in my signature for pictures and details.

Kind Regards

Trebz

There is a real market for the 80's Records especially in black and gold but condition of frame is vital. Don't forget that this bike at best was a top of the range teenagers bike i.e. not really aimed at anyone remotely serious about cycling. On eBay frames go for around £20-50 but with original Weinman brakes, Stronglight cranks and Campagnolo derailleurs (depending on year) then add £30-40. If i was honest I'd remove any single-speed additions as these will only hinder the sale. If you don't have any of the original pieces then sell it as frame only.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:29 pm 
Retro Guru

bulldog wrote:
faggin pista ,stronglite crank,rsx,105 mix

just a quick spec more to come :wink:
bump

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:12 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

bulldog wrote:
bulldog wrote:
faggin pista ,stronglite crank,rsx,105 mix

just a quick spec more to come :wink:
bump

Difficult to get a fix without detail but as you know 'Pista' is usually associated with single-speed track bikes with no derailleur dropout which this bike definitely has so either someone's being messing around with decals or a dropout has been expertly welded onto the frame. There was a Faggin Pista but it didn't look like this. Do you have any more info i.e. tubing type, serial numbers, info on dropouts? Are the decals under laquer or on top? In it's current state with those components you're looking at sub-£100 I'm afraid but if it is a rare Pista/dropout frankenstein then you could be sitting on some kind of rare missing link = £++++++

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:02 am 
Old School Hero

Thinking about getting rid of this,

Its a Cougar frame in Reynolds 531 designer select (or somthing that sounds like that, i cant remember). Frame come with mudguard eyelets and mounts for a rear rack. The paint was rough when I got it so I had it powder coated on the cheap. Its a pretty good job but there are no a few scratches on it.

Its built up with a new stronglight a9 headset and a shimano un55 bottom bracket.

Groupset is almost entirely Shimano RX100, excluding the shifters which are ultegra 600. Wheels are rx100 hubs with mavic cxp10 rims.

Stem and bars by 3t, no name seatpost, saddle either a spoon of a brown brook b17 narrow.

Any idea how much this is worth, i'd like to keep it but I haven't ridden it since building another bike up.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:53 am 
Retro Guru

i will get more info and pics asap,cheers :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:00 pm 
Retro Guru

Frame number 2160 j6 other side has 48,sticker on top of lacker fagging dropouts

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:06 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Got a geo wes stratton bike in good condition after some thought I was wondering what it was worth as I am considering selling I think it is late 60s full campag componants and is a good rider have done about 100 miles on it

Attachments:
WP_000005.jpg
WP_000005.jpg [ 188 KiB | Viewed 263 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:27 am 
Retro Guru

ALTERNATOR wrote:
I tried lowering it, didn't succeed. I'll try again tomorrow :lol:

Any idea on what that cutout might mean?

Can you remove the stem completely? You'll need to unscrew the stem bolt a few turns then give it a sharp tap to release the expander bolt / wedge from the bottom of the stem.
The stem looks very long compared to the length of the head tube, you may need to replace it?
:)

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:22 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

RALLYMAC wrote:
Got a geo wes stratton bike in good condition after some thought I was wondering what it was worth as I am considering selling I think it is late 60s full campag componants and is a good rider have done about 100 miles on it

That looks like a sweet ride. Someone loved that bike, it would be such a shame to sell. It looks quite heavily personalized/upgraded over the years, might be best to split. Not sure about the frame but if the wheels, mechs and cranks are Campagnolo Nuovo Record then you could be looking at 150 for these alone. Campagnolo bar-end shifters are quite desirable as are dirt drops (you bars) and a nice worn in Brooks saddle can fetch 50 quid these days. By selling 'as is' you'll only attract interest from someone who will split and sell parts on, you might as well cut out the middle man and maximise yoiurself.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:07 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I thought that myself but it seem a shame to brake such a old bike :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 154  Next