Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:13 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 154  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:31 am 
Retro Guru

Tel wrote:
kbmpi wrote:
I'm just thinking about changing my frame-set to a lighter one..

here are some pictures about the bike with full setup

the frame is a basso coral with columbus cromor tubing, cca. around 1988?

Hmmm no rust, nor any damage to the frame, only the decals are about to get "stripped" and there are some scratches, patches of the painting coming off on the chainstay forks, front fork. The "package" would include deore lx headset and probably ashimano bottom bracket (italian thread).

Is it possible to get cca. 40-50 pounds for the frame in this state? :-\ I've bought the bike for 90pounds with a 105-shimano ultegra mix, but changed the stem, wheels, derailleurs, brifters, brakes, cranks since then :D (campy on the italian.. athena (hubz, derailleur)-mirage (crank-brifter)-veloce (brakes) mix)

it'd be nice to get around 50 pounds as it'd mean that I'd have money to buy anotherframe :D

£90!!? What a bargain :shock:

Basso's are nice Italian bikes not as popular as Colnago, Rossin, etc so not as sought after but I reckon you should get £100 fairly easily for that frame perhaps a little more. I'd put it up for £120 personally. Your challenge will be to find another frame of equal quality to replace it for the same money....

Ohh, I'm quite depressed since I've learnt that a mate of mine bought a Scott road bike frameset with Tange Prestige tubing for 40 pounds :-| Since then I'm all for getting a nice classic steel frame with high quality tubing..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:50 pm 
Dirt Disciple

How much is that nearly new mid 90-s steel Bianchi built in Columbus Neuron worth?
http://allegro.pl/bianchi-columbus-neur ... 84190.html

I am considering the purchase for reselling purposes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:59 pm 
Old School Grand Master

You mean you are thinking of buying it cheap and then selling it on for a profit?

Shaun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:07 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Yes, it is too short for me ;(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:34 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Tel wrote:
Gear_up wrote:
What sort of price could this Viscount Sprint frame fetch?
It came with a Shimano Octalink bottom bracket fitted, would that detract from the price or add to it?
Thanks

Not much I'm afraid. About £50'ish. The bb will not add any value you'd be better of taking it out and selling it seperately, gotta be worth a tenner more if it's a good model.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:35 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Tel wrote:
bikenut2010 wrote:
MATTOLINI CORSA
Full campagnolo record drillium ( except rear mech...nuovo record )
Cinelli Giro bars and stem

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51987088@N ... 220012856/

Yes very nice! I'd be looking upwards of £600 for that. You've done a lovely job on it :)

Can I be bold & suggest that this bike may struggle to realise this figure. My first comment would be to part it out but homebrew drillium/panto can be trouble to shift on eBay. I'm not familiar with the name but in this condition I'd say it's leaning towards the £250/300 mark. That said, in it's current complete state it may appeal to someone who has a historic link with the name.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:48 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Tel wrote:
MattyWS wrote:
So, after realising that this is too big for me, I now need to sell it on. Any suggestions as to a price?
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=243697

It's a genuine ex-Rabobank frame and fork, not just a C40 in the Rabobank colour scheme, as evidenced by the serial number starting with "R" and confirmed by an email to Colnago and the Columbus and Shimano decals.

In honesty I'm not too up on my Colnago's but from my limited knowledge I reckon about £400 - £500, but I could be way off the mark there....

Being a genuine Rabobank is only going to increase the value if you can prove it.

if you look at the one,s on ebay they go for much more than £500,i think double that if you can prove it is a rabobank frame. but it will need to have good paint,colnago,s are all about the paint

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:49 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

agentorange wrote:
Tel wrote:
bikenut2010 wrote:
MATTOLINI CORSA
Full campagnolo record drillium ( except rear mech...nuovo record )
Cinelli Giro bars and stem

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51987088@N ... 220012856/

Yes very nice! I'd be looking upwards of £600 for that. You've done a lovely job on it :)

Can I be bold & suggest that this bike may struggle to realise this figure. My first comment would be to part it out but homebrew drillium/panto can be trouble to shift on eBay. I'm not familiar with the name but in this condition I'd say it's leaning towards the £250/300 mark. That said, in it's current complete state it may appeal to someone who has a historic link with the name.

Of course you may be so bold :) My valuations are only my opinion based on my experience and certainly cannot be taken as gospel. Always good to have the input of others.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:30 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Tel wrote:
agentorange wrote:
Tel wrote:

Of course you may be so bold :) My valuations are only my opinion based on my experience and certainly cannot be taken as gospel. Always good to have the input of others.

Obviously I understand and I thoroughly enjoy your input, I just worry that this one could be slightly misleading for the owner. I buy and sell a lot of stuff from eBay and it breaks my heart to see stuff that's been attacked by fumbled drills, shaky paintbrushes & spray guns, it can hit the value very hard indeed. I just think that unless this is a collectable brand (I don't know) then this pretty bike will struggle to sell well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:52 am 
Old School Hero

Hello,

Thinking or I'll sell this bike as a whole or in parts:

If I'll decide to split the bike up in parts, I'll probably sell the parts on this website. What are fair prices that I can get here without having to much troubles to sell, considering that I'll spend some time on a good clean of the parts? And the additon of postage costs from Belgium?

- Selle Italia Flite Titanium: used but rather good condition. Some marks of usage as you can see on the pictures.

- Campagnolo shifters: They're dirty now, but no speckles of rust. They'll look good after a good clean and polish. They have black anodised cable guides to match a super record gruppo: http://www.velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx?ID=42A24270-696E-44A9-8C89-8D89BDC949D9&Enum=104&AbsPos=33

- Campagnolo gran sport rear: good condition, will clean up nicely. Works like a charm. Non-campagnolo jockey wheels.

- Campagnolo gran sport front: rather bad condition. Is this worth the cleaning anyway?

- Ofmega crankset: used but in good condition. Will benefit from a good polish. 52-42, including good condition Ofmega dust caps.

- Schwalbe Montello tubulars: both recently changed and in used but good condition. Black, no amber walls unfortunately...

- 3TTT bars and stem, mod Grand Prix: excellent condition!

Thanks in advance, gentlemen!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 154  Next