Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:46 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 157  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:12 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

ALTERNATOR wrote:
Here it is in all it's glory :lol:

Could be cleaner, but I preferred to show it in it's natural state :lol:

More pictures here: http://imageshack.us/g/1/10067984/

That is lovely apart from bottle cage and saddle. Value wise not 100% sure, Mercier's seem to all over the place but generally go for the bargain end I'd ballpark it at £220 - £270.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:15 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

johntomjoe wrote:
Yorkshire shed finds.......
My mate from the local market bike stall,has inherited these from a friend,who's father died,he used them all at some stage in his life

He'd like to value them and may be open to offers,the Carlton and cola no are easy to identify but we are a bit vague on the others and years,
Does anyone know what the one with the funny bent forks is ?

Colnago looks a little tatty and I'm no carnoisseur of this very popular Italian brand but I'd expect it to go for about £300 in that condition although I can't see the paint too well....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:19 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

johntomjoe wrote:
Better piccies on request,there's a brooks saddle,and some San Marco rolls saddles,and shimano 105,nice mavics and campag :-)

Curly forked one could well be a Bates and worth reasonable money as it stands I'd guess about £200'ish. The others are unidentified although clearly reasonable quality and should fetch something in the region of £100 - £200, the Carlton perhaps a little more.

If I had the money I'd take the lot but alas I do not :(

Edit: Actually the Carlton looks like it has ahd the front end resprayed and perhaps replacement forks so I'd put that in the same price bracket as the others.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:23 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

Jerburner wrote:
Mavic Comete Rear 7 speed Carbon Disc. Original Mavic Skewer. Two small dings on non drive train side.

I'd personally be asking about £200, you could possible get more but I seem to recall getting £250 for one in better condition although that was a couple of years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:25 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

MynameisCasper wrote:
I've asked this in the MTB section before but didn't get a proper response ofcourse :oops: :oops: :lol:

I am helping out somebody who has 3 NOS Dawes Roadbikes. 2 even NIB! Does anyone have a clue on what they are worth as I know nothing about roadbikes.... :oops:

Here are some pics:

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=3YNBGCS3

All help is appreciated.

Wow! I'd certainly love to have those in my shop!!! Difficult to value I'd say easily £500 each possibly more at auction. Depends who's looking. If they were mine I'd auction them or put them up for sale at £650 each and see how it goes. Be great if a retro racing team could buy them and keep them together.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:33 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

bikenut2010 wrote:
MATTOLINI CORSA
Full campagnolo record drillium ( except rear mech...nuovo record )
Cinelli Giro bars and stem

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51987088@N ... 220012856/

Yes very nice! I'd be looking upwards of £600 for that. You've done a lovely job on it :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:37 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

Gear_up wrote:
What sort of price could this Viscount Sprint frame fetch?
It came with a Shimano Octalink bottom bracket fitted, would that detract from the price or add to it?
Thanks

Not much I'm afraid. About £50'ish. The bb will not add any value you'd be better of taking it out and selling it seperately, gotta be worth a tenner more if it's a good model.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:39 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

paul1970 wrote:
I'm going to sell my old GT Edge road bike to raise funds and make space for my new desktop CNC lathe! :)

This bike was bought in Bristol at Dave Bater Cycles when they were at the bottom of Park St (around 2000 i think?). At the time this bike was built for someone with their spec but couldn't eventually purchase the bike. It comes with a pretty much a full Campag Mirage group set, bar the headset which is Aheadset, Profile Al forks and a Syncros stem and Cinelli bars. Rigida rims laced to Mirage hubs and mid range SPD's of the time.

This bike was rarely used and has probably only done a couple of hundred miles since new, reason being that I was fed up of my mountain bikes being nicked and thought this would not get much attention, however I just didn't get on with it so spent most of it's life in the loft! (tyres and chain rings are original, so is the chain but the rust has had a good chew on it!)

Anyone have any idea how much it's worth? And the best way to sell it?

Oh, it's also a bit of a gate! I'm 6'3".

Large bikes tend to harder to sell however GT's and Campag are both quite popular I reckon it should fetch about £300.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:43 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

kbmpi wrote:
I'm just thinking about changing my frame-set to a lighter one..

here are some pictures about the bike with full setup

the frame is a basso coral with columbus cromor tubing, cca. around 1988?

Hmmm no rust, nor any damage to the frame, only the decals are about to get "stripped" and there are some scratches, patches of the painting coming off on the chainstay forks, front fork. The "package" would include deore lx headset and probably ashimano bottom bracket (italian thread).

Is it possible to get cca. 40-50 pounds for the frame in this state? :-\ I've bought the bike for 90pounds with a 105-shimano ultegra mix, but changed the stem, wheels, derailleurs, brifters, brakes, cranks since then :D (campy on the italian.. athena (hubz, derailleur)-mirage (crank-brifter)-veloce (brakes) mix)

it'd be nice to get around 50 pounds as it'd mean that I'd have money to buy anotherframe :D

£90!!? What a bargain :shock:

Basso's are nice Italian bikes not as popular as Colnago, Rossin, etc so not as sought after but I reckon you should get £100 fairly easily for that frame perhaps a little more. I'd put it up for £120 personally. Your challenge will be to find another frame of equal quality to replace it for the same money....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:48 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

MattyWS wrote:
So, after realising that this is too big for me, I now need to sell it on. Any suggestions as to a price?
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=243697

It's a genuine ex-Rabobank frame and fork, not just a C40 in the Rabobank colour scheme, as evidenced by the serial number starting with "R" and confirmed by an email to Colnago and the Columbus and Shimano decals.

In honesty I'm not too up on my Colnago's but from my limited knowledge I reckon about £400 - £500, but I could be way off the mark there....

Being a genuine Rabobank is only going to increase the value if you can prove it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 157  Next