Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:54 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 154  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:37 pm 
Retro Guru

Goldie wrote:
Lovely. The only way that could be more French is if it played the Marseillaise when you turned the pedals...

string of onions over the bars? 8)

love this bike!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:51 pm 
Retro Guru

Cheers :) it looks like a couple have been badly repainted and they are hoping to find the original campag parts in the shed:)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:32 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Gear_up wrote:
What sort of price could this Viscount Sprint frame fetch?
It came with a Shimano Octalink bottom bracket fitted, would that detract from the price or add to it?
Thanks

Hi still awaiting a valuation for the Viscount Sprint I posted a while back?
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:52 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi all.

I've got 2 bikes that I'm considering selling, but I'm not sure how much they're worth.

1) Is a Peugeot Aubisque I bought from here (I think?) last year.

23.5" Carbolite 103 frame

Sachs mecs

CLB brakes

Sells saddle

Masking tape on bars

Small rust spots on frame

BB has some play

Pics:

2) Is a MBK Super Sport 12

Don't have too much info on this one, think it's got Weimann brakes and levers.

It's got 23" hi-tensile tubing.

It could do with a service, but runs fine as is.

Pic:

Anyone got a rough idea of what they're worth?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:24 pm 
Retro Guru

^^ Pug and MBK
They both look like the kind of bikes that go between 80-120 quid in the small ads, don't know how bad the rust is on the underside of the BB ??
if you can push a small screwdriver through it or get big flakes then it's a spares or repair situation; a good scrub with a wire brush and scotchbrite pad to clean it up and then touch in with enamel helps.
to get best price possible, thorough degrease, wash and polish everything plus new bar tape and a proper components list could see the prices maximised; a guy I've bought from sells French bikes on ebay and they go from 150-250 but they're all immaculate,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/vintage.racin ... 7675.l2562

hope that helps?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:27 pm 
Dirt Disciple

bikenut2010 wrote:
^^ Pug and MBK
They both look like the kind of bikes that go between 80-120 quid in the small ads, don't know how bad the rust is on the underside of the BB ??
if you can push a small screwdriver through it or get big flakes then it's a spares or repair situation; a good scrub with a wire brush and scotchbrite pad to clean it up and then touch in with enamel helps.
to get best price possible, thorough degrease, wash and polish everything plus new bar tape and a proper components list could see the prices maximised; a guy I've bought from sells French bikes on ebay and they go from 150-250 but they're all immaculate,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/vintage.racin ... 7675.l2562

hope that helps?

That really does help, thank you very much for replying.

I'm not that bothered about putting much effort into cleaning them up to get a fairly small increase in price - would rather sell as-is for a price towards the lower end of your valuation.

Cheers again!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:59 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

MynameisCasper wrote:
I've asked this in the MTB section before but didn't get a proper response ofcourse :oops: :oops: :lol:

I am helping out somebody who has 3 NOS Dawes Roadbikes. 2 even NIB! Does anyone have a clue on what they are worth as I know nothing about roadbikes.... :oops:

All help is appreciated.

There are a couple of guys in the trade on the site who will have a good idea what these are worth.

From the little I know, that's a 1970's model, and in new condition it has got to be worth several hundred pounds.

Try a PM to Tel, I'm sure he'd have a good idea.

That bikes's just the job for the growing number of 'historical' sportives like L'Eroica, or the new L'Eroica UK in 2014.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:01 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I'm going to sell my old GT Edge road bike to raise funds and make space for my new desktop CNC lathe! :)

This bike was bought in Bristol at Dave Bater Cycles when they were at the bottom of Park St (around 2000 i think?). At the time this bike was built for someone with their spec but couldn't eventually purchase the bike. It comes with a pretty much a full Campag Mirage group set, bar the headset which is Aheadset, Profile Al forks and a Syncros stem and Cinelli bars. Rigida rims laced to Mirage hubs and mid range SPD's of the time.

This bike was rarely used and has probably only done a couple of hundred miles since new, reason being that I was fed up of my mountain bikes being nicked and thought this would not get much attention, however I just didn't get on with it so spent most of it's life in the loft! (tyres and chain rings are original, so is the chain but the rust has had a good chew on it!)

Anyone have any idea how much it's worth? And the best way to sell it?

Oh, it's also a bit of a gate! I'm 6'3".

Attachments:
Bike 1.jpg
Bike 1.jpg [ 178.99 KiB | Viewed 227 times ]
Bike 2.jpg
Bike 2.jpg [ 130.71 KiB | Viewed 227 times ]
Bike 3.jpg
Bike 3.jpg [ 141.01 KiB | Viewed 227 times ]
Bike 4.jpg
Bike 4.jpg [ 97.41 KiB | Viewed 227 times ]
Bike 5.jpg
Bike 5.jpg [ 113.98 KiB | Viewed 227 times ]
Bike 6.jpg
Bike 6.jpg [ 122.51 KiB | Viewed 227 times ]
Bike 7.jpg
Bike 7.jpg [ 107.75 KiB | Viewed 227 times ]
Bike 8.jpg
Bike 8.jpg [ 115.07 KiB | Viewed 227 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:07 pm 
Retro Guru

I'm just thinking about changing my frame-set to a lighter one..

here are some pictures about the bike with full setup

the frame is a basso coral with columbus cromor tubing, cca. around 1988?

Hmmm no rust, nor any damage to the frame, only the decals are about to get "stripped" and there are some scratches, patches of the painting coming off on the chainstay forks, front fork. The "package" would include deore lx headset and probably ashimano bottom bracket (italian thread).

Is it possible to get cca. 40-50 pounds for the frame in this state? :-\ I've bought the bike for 90pounds with a 105-shimano ultegra mix, but changed the stem, wheels, derailleurs, brifters, brakes, cranks since then :D (campy on the italian.. athena (hubz, derailleur)-mirage (crank-brifter)-veloce (brakes) mix)

it'd be nice to get around 50 pounds as it'd mean that I'd have money to buy anotherframe :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:04 pm 
Dirt Disciple

So, after realising that this is too big for me, I now need to sell it on. Any suggestions as to a price?
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=243697

It's a genuine ex-Rabobank frame and fork, not just a C40 in the Rabobank colour scheme, as evidenced by the serial number starting with "R" and confirmed by an email to Colnago and the Columbus and Shimano decals.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 154  Next