Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:27 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 154  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:19 pm 
Retro Guru

Cheers,the steel frames have a bit of rust,no head badges and lots of wear,seems he's changed all the crank sets and levers also one of the cranks is a triple with only a couple of teeth between outlet 2 rings :-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:03 am 

Mavic Comete Rear 7 speed Carbon Disc. Original Mavic Skewer. Two small dings on non drive train side.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:45 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

I've asked this in the MTB section before but didn't get a proper response ofcourse :oops: :oops: :lol:

I am helping out somebody who has 3 NOS Dawes Roadbikes. 2 even NIB! Does anyone have a clue on what they are worth as I know nothing about roadbikes.... :oops:

Here are some pics:

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=3YNBGCS3

All help is appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:54 pm 
Retro Guru

MATTOLINI CORSA
Full campagnolo record drillium ( except rear mech...nuovo record )
Cinelli Giro bars and stem

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51987088@N ... 220012856/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:49 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

lately I've been getting into trouble by cimmenting here but I don't seem to learn

First: Mavic Comte wheels, these are both rare and desired, If they were mine I'd have an ebay auction, aprox $800, but you may have to ship international (hint: think Asia)
Second: Based on the kit the Dawes is a mid range bike but the fact that they are new is big. I am going to pass on attempting to estimate a price just because it seems I don't know enought about English bikes
Third Mattolini. This is clearly a very well made machine but it is not one of the more well know makes, On the other hand I have seen the drillium brakes sell for $200 alone, so I will say $600 to $800 as a complete bike and maybe more if you part it out.

Let the flogging begin...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:30 pm 

Thanks very much lewisfoto.
It is actually only the rear Mavic Comete that I have.
I was just showing both sides in the photos.
Thanks
Jer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:37 pm 
Retro Guru

lewisfoto wrote:
lately I've been getting into trouble by cimmenting here but I don't seem to learn

First: Mavic Comte wheels, these are both rare and desired, If they were mine I'd have an ebay auction, aprox $800, but you may have to ship international (hint: think Asia)
Second: Based on the kit the Dawes is a mid range bike but the fact that they are new is big. I am going to pass on attempting to estimate a price just because it seems I don't know enought about English bikes
Third Mattolini. This is clearly a very well made machine but it is not one of the more well know makes, On the other hand I have seen the drillium brakes sell for $200 alone, so I will say $600 to $800 as a complete bike and maybe more if you part it out.

Let the flogging begin...

Sadly the Mattolini will make a lot parted out, be such a shame to do so :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:40 pm 

Lewisfoto: Thanks very much! I guess Ebay is the best solution?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 pm 
Retro Guru

Any ideas on the crap I posted then ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:34 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Sorry about the oversight John

Since it seems those bikes are a hodge podge I would definitely look at parting them out and put the best stuff on ebay. The Campagnolo brake shifters, depending on model, could bring $150 each. Other bits may be worth something too but the pics are a bit blurry. The Bates (if indeed that is a Bates) should be worth something. It looks like a repaint but try to determine if any of the original parts are still on the bike and sell it as a frameset with parts. I would be interested myself if it were smaller and I had more Money. Over here I think an old handmade English frame for restore would bring $300 to $400. The others I'm just not sure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 154  Next