Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:18 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 154  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:26 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi
Value for This frame
Peugeot Anrto 531 professional frame 54cm few knocks and mark as shown in the photos the fork are slightly bent back from a crash the previous owner had I have has the frame checked by 3 independent bike shops and frame builders and they say there is no damage to the frame although the forks could do with replacing at some point but not Immeadiately
Thanks Jack
I can't seem to upload photos file too big none of them work??? (Not the important ones anyway)

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 270.09 KiB | Viewed 228 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 427.02 KiB | Viewed 228 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:56 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

SuperSonic wrote:
Hi bike fans.

I've found this bike and it has got my attention!

It's an MBK and really that's all I know about it!

The seller is not a cyclist but has a friend who is a cyclist and he has told the seller that it's worth 500 euros??? I've knocked the guy down with the price from 500 euros to 400 euros, he won't go any lower with the price!!

I was wondering if any of you guys know anything about MBK or this particular MBK and importantly is it worth the 400 euros???

Any knowledge about the bike and advice on the price would be very much appreciated.

If I purchase it I might turn it into a fixed?

Thanks very much. :)

Sadly MBK tends to be a bit of a rude word around here. MBK are very common in France and don't go for very much at all. Yours seems to be equipped with very pedestrian parts (OK but nothing special) i.e. CB brakes, plastic Sachs brake levers, no-name cranks, big old plastic DT shifters etc. Save your cash for something better, this isn't worth €100.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:03 am 
Retro Guru

Can someone give me a rough idea on price for this Peugeot please

The Peugeot is totally original even down to the tyres and done less than 100 miles

24" frame so way too big for me

Unusual gear change with the levers on the handlebar stem.

Centre pull brakes. Most likely made by Weinmann

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:52 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Not sure about the bike's value but that Peugeot branded SLJ Simplex derailleur should bring an nice price on the Bay.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:28 pm 

Hey guys!

Bought a Mercier bike the other day. Seems to be a pretty special bike. Mercier reynolds tubes, stronglight crank, simplex criterion shifters+Mafac Brakes, Christophe special pedal straps(? not a native english speaker :oops:) . The wheels(A.V.A I think) are for tubular tires. The bike is in excellent shape, the picture really don't do it justice. I'll post some better ones up as soon as I can. Also, there's a sticker that caught my attention. It says: "Au tour de france Noel geneste"

What's up with this bike? Is it anything special? Also, what's it worth?

Attachments:
Fotografie-0034.jpg
Fotografie-0034.jpg [ 43.6 KiB | Viewed 172 times ]
Fotografie-0031.jpg
Fotografie-0031.jpg [ 68.23 KiB | Viewed 172 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:54 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

I live in the US where the market is very different but the Mercier is one of the nicest I have seen in a while posted to the "how much" thread. If it were for sale here it would fetch between $800 and $1200 usd. Could be more in the UK where the brand is better known.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:17 pm 

Wow, that's a pretty amount to be honest :shock: . Seems like I'll have to take some pretty pictures of it so that the true state of it can be seen.

Oh yeah, also searched for a serial number...didn't find one. That would have helped me determine the manufacturing year. Anywhom, I think it's 1972-1973. There's just a "60" on the headtube.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:26 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

lewisfoto wrote:
I live in the US where the market is very different but the Mercier is one of the nicest I have seen in a while posted to the "how much" thread. If it were for sale here it would fetch between $800 and $1200 usd. Could be more in the UK where the brand is better known.

Not wishing to spoil the party but these old Merciers are very common over here in France especially in this livery with all-French components. Personally I like them as they offer so much french charm compared to the Peugeot's of the same period. But I have to suggest you be a bit more realistic with the price and don't get too excited.

here is a very similar one on ebay.fr which i guess will struggle to reach it's €100 asking price - http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Ancien-Velo-de-C ... 19d94195e3

Yours does look clean and there's always a market for nicely looked after antique kit regardless of it's perceived 'level'.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:48 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Greetings agentorange

I do try and avoid the How Much question for this very reason, I have no Idea what something is worth in France, however Alternator's bike appears to be a racing model with Stronglight 49d cranks and criterium derailleurs versus the one in your link which has lower end kit. So it appears to be a different model.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:47 pm 

Found this picture on the web. It's the only picture that looks 100% like it. Same pedals, same seat, same wheels, just seems to be a different colour.

Attachments:
$(KGrHqVHJEYFEkEuDww,BRLkHUT0hQ~~60_57.JPG
$(KGrHqVHJEYFEkEuDww,BRLkHUT0hQ~~60_57.JPG [ 414.29 KiB | Viewed 158 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 154  Next