Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:51 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 154  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:19 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

bulldog wrote:
holdsworth bump

As it stands about £250. Classic English bikes are desirable. That brown colour, despite being original (?) is going to put some people off. It's a lovely, lovely bike though and I'd hold onto it rather than sell it if thats what you're thinking.

Cleaned up and with complete period correct parts you could probably add £200 to the figure above.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:20 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

BobToo wrote:
My Carlton Criterium is surplus to requirements now so I'm going to put it up for sale, but I've no idea what to ask for it.

P1050214 by RichardB5, on Flickr

It's a late Worksop model from 1981. The person I bought it from said it was Columbus tubing but I've not seen anything to confirm or deny that. It has Suntour derailleurs (VX and Compe V), shifters and freewheel (New Winner 13-24).

Everything works much as it should and it's all in good condition. There's a bit of a scrape on the top tube but other than that the paintwork is fairly tidy. At the moment the back wheel is non-original (Maillard hub with Weinmann rim) but I'll probably get the original wheel trued up and fitted.

What sort of money can I expect to get for it?

Nice bike I'd expect about £200'ish for this.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:23 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

RooKilo wrote:
I've been offered these wheels in exchange by a friend, they are Mavic Montherley Pro on Campagnolo hubs in good condition. I don't know what hubs they are - perhaps someone could help me? Can anyone give me an indication of their value as they're a little older than I'm usually interested in so I don't really know what they're worth beyond a wild guess.

As lewisfoto but change the $ to £'s and you'd be about the mark. I'd say £60.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:24 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

cce wrote:
I've a Sakae apex chainset. condition is good apart from a small nick i made when removing a stuck crank cap. What's she worth?

£10 - £20, in the middle of those is probably about what you'd get but start at £20

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:55 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Wondering how much these are worth? as i have no clue. Campagnolo hubs, Mavic rims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:26 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Got a pair of Mavic 640 pedals. Unfortunately the cages are corroded (image shows the worst one). Are they worth anything?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:45 pm 
Dirt Disciple

1st generation Colnago Master with Dura Ace 7400.

All I have are these pics- I've yet to see it in person.

Any ideas of a reasonable price?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:05 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

The Masters have become very collectable so it should bring a good price. I can't quite tell the condition but I would estimate between $1000 an $1500 usd.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:43 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Just wondering what you chaps think this bike would be worth I am currently in The U.S. so Dollar amounts would be more appropriate but I can always convert from pounds. It is a 1975 Viscount Aerospace Pro all original and in good riding order and very good cosmetic order, even the saddle is original but should probably not be used daily it required a fair bit of oiling to bring the flaring in. Just wondering what I should expect to get for it. Culling the heard as they say here in Arizona. THANKS!

Attachments:
Viscount side.jpg
Viscount side.jpg [ 204.37 KiB | Viewed 91 times ]
viscount front.jpg
viscount front.jpg [ 227.6 KiB | Viewed 91 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:52 pm 

Hi guys, new to the forum!

Recently inherited this peugeot super competition, I was wondering what a ball-park figure would be on it's value. as far as I'm aware it's totally original, minus tyres and bartape. Cool Mavic mech too!

I've got more pics if it helps, but I would hope you guys would be able to shed some light on what it is really!

Cheers
Sam :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 154  Next