Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:08 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 154  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:49 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:11 pm
Posts: 1345
Location: manchester
holdsworth bump


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:07 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:28 am
Posts: 300
Location: Fife
My Carlton Criterium is surplus to requirements now so I'm going to put it up for sale, but I've no idea what to ask for it.

Image
P1050214 by RichardB5, on Flickr

It's a late Worksop model from 1981. The person I bought it from said it was Columbus tubing but I've not seen anything to confirm or deny that. It has Suntour derailleurs (VX and Compe V), shifters and freewheel (New Winner 13-24).

Everything works much as it should and it's all in good condition. There's a bit of a scrape on the top tube but other than that the paintwork is fairly tidy. At the moment the back wheel is non-original (Maillard hub with Weinmann rim) but I'll probably get the original wheel trued up and fitted.

What sort of money can I expect to get for it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:40 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:30 pm
Posts: 41
Campagnolo Record track hub (wheel actually, on a Mavic tubular rim, but that's not so interesting) in great super smooth rolling condition, I wouldnt normally be asking a price point but this one has an oil port.

Image

And they just don't have oil ports as far as I'm aware..

..assumed it was some homebrew thing when I picked it up - a road hub with track axle. But it's a proper pista hub, double filetage (ISO threading) and the oil port isn't some after-market thing either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:21 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:23 am
Posts: 288
Location: Northamptonshire
I've been offered these wheels in exchange by a friend, they are Mavic Montherley Pro on Campagnolo hubs in good condition. I don't know what hubs they are - perhaps someone could help me? Can anyone give me an indication of their value as they're a little older than I'm usually interested in so I don't really know what they're worth beyond a wild guess.


Attachments:
P1010698 Comp.JPG
P1010698 Comp.JPG [ 40.45 KiB | Viewed 174 times ]
P1010695 Comp.JPG
P1010695 Comp.JPG [ 26.35 KiB | Viewed 174 times ]
P1010696 Comp.JPG
P1010696 Comp.JPG [ 32.64 KiB | Viewed 174 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:48 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 2373
Location: California
RooKilo wrote:
I've been offered these wheels in exchange by a friend, they are Mavic Montherley Pro on Campagnolo hubs in good condition. I don't know what hubs they are - perhaps someone could help me? Can anyone give me an indication of their value as they're a little older than I'm usually interested in so I don't really know what they're worth beyond a wild guess.



Campagnolo Nuovo Tipo low flange hubs. Pretty common mid price alternative to Record. Maybe about $50 to $80 in the States


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:40 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 pm
Posts: 668
Quote:
Campagnolo Record track hub (wheel actually, on a Mavic tubular rim, but that's not so interesting) in great super smooth rolling condition, I wouldnt normally be asking a price point but this one has an oil port.


Do you know thanks to your post I've just realised that Campag. track hubs don't have this feature...another 30-year-old blind-spot obliterated. Yes definitely a track hub. I suspect you would like to hear that this is a rare Vicenza variant for which you can charge a premium, but unless proven otherwise, the most likely explanation is that someone has drilled an oil-port and added a clip...that wouldn't be hard to do in an unbuilt hub... maybe to match a Strada front hub? I can't see that affecting value much either way, unless someone wants to make an issue out of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:56 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:48 am
Posts: 6976
Location: Bristle
I've a Sakae apex chainset. condition is good apart from a small nick i made when removing a stuck crank cap. What's she worth?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ALAN (1995)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:35 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:54 am
Posts: 1059
Location: Derby
gordy wrote:
Hi, looking for value of my lovely ALAN, built about 2.5 years ago, less than 500 dry miles since built and is in mint condition

Spec, Campagnolo C-Record- chainset, front+rear derailleurs, gear levers, brake levers, seat post
Campagnolo Record front+rear dual pivot brake calipers
Campagnolo (Look) pedals NOS
Campagnolo bottom bracket NOS
Stronglight A9 headset NOS
Cinelli bars+stem
Mavic open 4cd rims with Campagnolo C-Record hubs (28 spoke f+r)
7 speed 14-22 maillard freewheel

Frame was NOS and wheels built with NOS rims, hubs + freewheel

Bike rides beautifully and very rare in this condition


That is one cracking bike . IMHO got to be £1000 + .Top class kit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ALAN (1995)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:13 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:07 pm
Posts: 4715
Location: Sheppey, Kent
gordy wrote:
Hi, looking for value of my lovely ALAN, built about 2.5 years ago, less than 500 dry miles since built and is in mint condition

Spec, Campagnolo C-Record- chainset, front+rear derailleurs, gear levers, brake levers, seat post
Campagnolo Record front+rear dual pivot brake calipers
Campagnolo (Look) pedals NOS
Campagnolo bottom bracket NOS
Stronglight A9 headset NOS
Cinelli bars+stem
Mavic open 4cd rims with Campagnolo C-Record hubs (28 spoke f+r)
7 speed 14-22 maillard freewheel

Frame was NOS and wheels built with NOS rims, hubs + freewheel

Bike rides beautifully and very rare in this condition


Agree with Bagpuss on this. I'd be hoping for about a grand perhaps £800 minimum. I'd put it on eBay with a high start price or as a BIN £1200 or make an offer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pinarello Kera-Lite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:14 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:07 pm
Posts: 4715
Location: Sheppey, Kent
bikenut2010 wrote:
Ball park figure? Full Campag Chorus race triple, Mavic on Chorus hubs
3TTT bars/stem


About £450 although odd wheels and triple groupset can put people off.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 154  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group