Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:47 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 154  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:39 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

Phew! Well done Predki :)

Obviously what I should have said is that's its worth £50 complete but as I quite like it I'll give you £100!

Seriously I think you made the right choice.

Post subject: Puch Mini Sprint
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:07 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hello all

I'm probably not going to get around to restoring this - any ideas what it's worth please?

Without the bell and NOT the Mongoose!

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:07 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I have some Shimano 105 FC-1050 cranks in 'tatty but no major marks, probably just need a very good polish' condition and am wondering how much they are worth?

Thanks.

Last edited by Rampage on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:19 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

diggerpitt wrote:
Hi everyone,
Im new to Retrobike and am looking for advice.
I have a vitus 979 that I came off some 18 years ago :-(
It dates from the early 90s.I bought it when I was 17 or 18 years old.I put all shimano 600 ultegra tri colour components on it and Mavic GP4 rims on ultegra hubs.Unfortunately when I came off I bent the forks and frame but surprisingly nothing else was damaged,not even me..very lucky really.The bike has been sitting in my dads loft for the past 18years.I probably covered less than 1000 miles on it,more like 500 really .I'm considering purchasing a new 979 frame and transferring all the kit onto the new frame and possibly selling on,as I've purchased a new carbon and need to finance it,or alternatively strip it down and sell of all the bits.I need a bit of advice on my two options.I could just sell as is and not strip it down.Financially what would I be better off doing??If anyone could help I would be very grateful.I love this old bike and think I would be gutted to strip it down,however needs must.
Regards.

Bit pushed for time at the moment I'll post my opinion as soon as I get a chance....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:55 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Tel wrote:
diggerpitt wrote:
Hi everyone,
It dates from the early 90s.I bought it when I was 17 or 18 years old.I put all shimano 600 ultegra tri colour components on it and Mavic GP4 rims on ultegra hubs.Unfortunately when I came off I bent the forks and frame but surprisingly nothing else was damaged,not even me..very lucky really.The bike has been sitting in my dads loft for the past 18years.I probably covered less than 1000 miles on it,more like 500 really .I'm considering purchasing a new 979 frame and transferring all the kit onto the new frame and possibly selling on,as I've purchased a new carbon and need to finance it,or alternatively strip it down and sell of all the bits.I need a bit of advice on my two options.I could just sell as is and not strip it down.Financially what would I be better off doing??If anyone could help I would be very grateful.I love this old bike and think I would be gutted to strip it down,however needs must.
Regards.

As you state the frame is likely junk because aluminum can not be straightened, however the Shimano 600 retains some value. Best bet is to sell the components individually on Ebay, or here on this forum, and use the money to help buy your next bike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:51 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi everyone,
Regards.[/quote]
[/quote]

As you state the frame is likely junk because aluminum can not be straightened, however the Shimano 600 retains some value. Best bet is to sell the components individually on Ebay, or here on this forum, and use the money to help buy your next bike.[/quote]

Ok thanks very much for your time and advice. You wouldnt bother buying a replacement frame.If I did I probably wont want to sell it.
Regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:07 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

You could most certainly buy a replacement. The Vitus frames are common and not all that expensive. So yes that is a viable option. Plus you get the fun of taking one bike apart and putting another together.

Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:45 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Looking for some opinions on my Nigel Dean, I've not really been using it enough, just used it to commute occasionally, and I fancy building up a retro MTB, fully rigid, for those sort of duties - so thinking about selling.

Nigel Dean 531 by Hallsy01, on Flickr

531 frame, good condition with some chipping to the paint
Shimano Exage 300 drive train
Shimano 500EX brake levers, Miche cantilevers
Shimano 105 shifters
Rigid a DP18 wheel set

Rides fine other than some clicking from the BB so at the least it needs cleaning & greasing, if not replacing.

A friend of mine is interested in buying it, but not sure what it's worth, I'm more of an MTB man really. Looked on eBay and prices vary quite a lot!!

Any opinions appreciated :)

New Miche brakes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:06 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Rampage wrote:
I have some Shimano 105 FC-1050 cranks in 'tatty but no major marks, probably just need a very good polish' condition and am wondering how much they are worth?

Thanks.

Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:22 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Rampage wrote:
Rampage wrote:

Thanks.

Any ideas?

£15-20?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 154  Next