Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:35 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 154  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:55 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Thanks for that Tel, not sure what to do, part of me wants to keep it and the next project sits waiting, plus I have bills to pay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:52 pm 
Retro Guru

@Chuck moo: This is really classy, beautiful and exceptional frame, I wouldn't even think of swapping it for Ti Raleigh. But if you're going to sell it as a whole bike swap the saddle for an old Brooks. And price as Tel said or more. I would keep it, you won't have a chance to get another one like this...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:52 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Tel wrote:
RooKilo wrote:
Hi, I'm putting my Vitus 979 up for sale but first I'd like a valuation from the forum....

I'd agree with some of what agentorange said apart from the complete build valuation. It looks extremely clean and I'd value it at high £200's to £300 complete. Just a shame it's not got 1050 levers.

Yeah, fully agree, didn't realise how clean it all is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:16 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

predki wrote:
@Chuck moo: This is really classy, beautiful and exceptional frame, I wouldn't even think of swapping it for Ti Raleigh. But if you're going to sell it as a whole bike swap the saddle for an old Brooks. And price as Tel said or more. I would keep it, you won't have a chance to get another one like this...

Oh your making this very hard now. I have just got an awesome looking ideale saddle with the aluminium frame under it for this bike too. My girl friend is sick of me talking about this bike. I think I am going to try and hang on to it. Maybe I ll finish it and put it up for bike of the month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:42 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Tel wrote:
tristanl.g wrote:
could any one help me with a frame? I have Carlton Pro Am, I think it's a 1981 from the id number. It's 531 steel, it okay condition, bits of surface rust, so could probably do with a respray.

Just wondered how much I should ask for it?

Hard to say without seeing it but I'd ballpark at about £80 - £150 depending upon condition.

Thanks for the estimate.

It could do with a respray if i'm being honest!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:43 pm 
Retro Guru

Chuck moo wrote:
predki wrote:

Oh your making this very hard now. I have just got an awesome looking ideale saddle with the aluminium frame under it for this bike too. My girl friend is sick of me talking about this bike. I think I am going to try and hang on to it. Maybe I ll finish it and put it up for bike of the month.

Ideale with aluminium frame is just perfect! As rare as the frame. Depends of the condition it can be £100-200+ on it's own. It can finish even like this auction :shock: : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Selle-IDEALE-n- ... 7675.l2557
Anyway if you are going to sell your stuff make quality photos with proper camera, not mobile phone and go for ebay.
BTW Where did you get this gem? What is the size? You are very lucky guy. Perfect material for proper restoration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:06 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

predki wrote:
Chuck moo wrote:
predki wrote:

Ideale with aluminium frame is just perfect! As rare as the frame. Depends of the condition it can be £100-200+ on it's own. It can finish even like this auction :shock: : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Selle-IDEALE-n- ... 0734720273?

nma=true&si=2VGp1K5I9mfwEXEQiPzU2cmUj3I%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Anyway if you are going to sell your stuff make quality photos with proper camera, not mobile phone and go for ebay.
BTW Where did you get this gem? What is the size? You are very lucky guy. Perfect material for proper restoration.

The saddle has The same frame underneath, it looks like a model 90, and the leather is pretty good just in need of a good drink of proofide or neats food oil.

I work in a bike shop and a customer brought the bike in. He had it fixed up to use but found the position to hard for old railway lines etc, so he brought it back to the shop because he knew how much I liked it. He got a modern hybrid elsewhere. I think the frame is a real one off as I have not seen another one like it yet. The frame number says it is a stock frame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:36 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

Chuck moo wrote:
predki wrote:

My advice would be to not sell it. At the very least keep the frame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:47 pm 
Retro Guru

Tel, this is very good advice :) keep it and make it shine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:34 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Ok, it's safe. Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 154  Next